PDA

View Full Version : trying to learn CorelDraw X3

Stanley Waldrup
06-27-2007, 9:32 PM
I would like a opinion on the 2 training programs for a new guy starting out with X3. Coreldraw X3 Unleashed and the 3 disk set form ARA. The ARA set is more to my Liking (Vidio) but I am sorry to say that I am not a member as of yet and the $140.00 Price tag is a little out of budget for me just starting out.
Thanks
Stanley
Laser it Up

Mike Null
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Stanley

I am not a fan of paying for Corel training as I have done so and felt shorted. There are many free Corel tutorial sites on the web. Roy Brewer, who is an SMC member is very knowledgable and offers tutorials on his site. http://www.engravingconcepts.com/tutorials.htm

The good thing about Roy's tutorials is that they are for engravers.

Foster Coburn III is one of the most widely known of the Corel experts and his site, Graphics Unleashed, offers free and pay tutorials and books. There is a very good Corel Newsgroup you can reach through the Corel site and there are many others as well.

One of the problems with cd's and classes is that Corel is such a huge and all-encompassing program that you simply can't teach it all within the confines of a class or cd. Especially when your goal is to operate a laser engraver.

Mitchell Andrus
06-27-2007, 11:31 PM
The Unleashed CD has a boatload of good stuff on it. I've been running my laser for a year and I still find a good video on it to freshen up once in a while.

Thad Nickoley
06-27-2007, 11:39 PM
If your a dummie like me it is trial and error...error...error and of course more trial. You can learn a lot off this forum though.

rick woodward
06-28-2007, 5:55 AM
I just found this site 11 pages of free tutorials. Good tuts. The site also has tutorials for paintshop pro ,photoshop too.

http://www.vectorials.com/

Peter Meacham
06-28-2007, 7:41 AM
I can second the recommendation that Mike Null made above - the Roy Brewer CDs are a couple versions behind X3, but he presents the material in a relaxed but through manner and you will certainly learn the Corel Draw application.

Marc Myer
06-28-2007, 1:58 PM
Also, keep in touch with Roy. I attended one of his Corel seminars, and it was very well worth it. Spent several hours going through features and techniques. I still refer back to his handouts when I forget stuff.

Gary Hair
06-28-2007, 4:17 PM
the $140.00 Price tag is a little out of budget for me just starting out.

Stanley,
Contact Roy or Jeannette Brewer directly and you may be pleasantly surprised...:cool:

Gary

Dave Rowland
06-28-2007, 5:53 PM
although I known corel for years... I have used Lynda training online and found that useful to teach others in our company