PDA

View Full Version : Rigid support stand

Mark Singer
01-13-2004, 9:54 PM
Like most of you I typically work alone. Once in a while Ryan comes over if I have something big to run. Roller stands and outfeed support stands are very important to me. I read a review in one of the woodworking magazines on the Rigid stand (Home depot). I picked one up for just under $30. It seems well worth it. It has a "flip top " to catch boards that are sagging. That is a great help. The height adjustment works great...very positive. Best of all it has a large base and is very stable. My other stand tends to turn over quite easily. This one seems to be a real winner...someone put a lot of thought into it. Its inexpensive and if I am not happy...its easy to return! Its Home Depot!
Mark

Kelly C. Hanna
01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
This one seems to be a real winner...someone put a lot of thought into it. Its inexpensive and if I am not happy...its easy to return! Its Home Depot!
Mark

I have two of those fine stands and love them! Stands are excellent quality and the absense of the normal thumbscrew design (which never works well) is a bonus. I also have the two workstands (one for the portable TS and one for the SCMS) and both are of excellent quality. I have had the stands now for a year and they still work like new.

John Scarpa
01-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Mark,
I think alot of us, if not most, are in that work alone category. I'm glad to see you and Kelly like those. I'm going to pick one up as well.
John

Ken Garlock
01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
I too picked up a pair of the Rigid in/out feed stands. My only complaint is that the legs are not exactly aligned, thus only 3 legs are on the concrete at any one time. When I get around to it, I'll apply some persuasion to them in a attempt to fix it. Otherwise, for the money, they are a good deal.

Don Farr
01-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey Mark, I use one also and think it does a good job, but I do have a couple of issues with it. With the wide legs it is sometime difficult to get it as close to the saw as I want. Also it lacks just a bit going high enough for the bandsaw.
Just my 2 cents.

Dan Bussiere
01-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Mark,
I also have one of the Ridgid Outfeed Stands. I keep it set up behind my table saw. As you know, working alone means doing things smart not hard. These make it easier, safer and are worth the cost.

Don,
I never thought of using it on my bandsaw. Duh! Thanks for the idea!

Dan

Kelly C. Hanna
01-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey Mark, I use one also and think it does a good job, but I do have a couple of issues with it. With the wide legs it is sometime difficult to get it as close to the saw as I want. Also it lacks just a bit going high enough for the bandsaw.
Just my 2 cents.

Don, you can raise the height of the stand by not spreading the legs out all the way. You could make a set of wooden stretchers to keep them at the setting you like for the bandsaw...or if you are really inventive you could make a set of foot extensions for them.