PDA

View Full Version : LaserTile

Gary Hair
06-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I have seen several posts about LaserTile and have inquired into it myself. anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Good or bad? I am curious about the quality of the tile, the engraving quality, how you felt about the company, etc.

Gary

Mark Koenig
06-27-2007, 7:10 AM
I have seen several posts about LaserTile and have inquired into it myself. anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Good or bad? I am curious about the quality of the tile, the engraving quality, how you felt about the company, etc.

Gary

Absolutely TOP NOTCH product and company... I just got two more cases delivered yesterday... Good thing cause I ran through my last case of 6x6 in about one month... I sell the 6x6 portrait for $35.00 and it takes 9 minutes to engrave...

New Display...

Judith Halliday
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Quick question,

I have a few pieces of the tile and when I run the picture no matter what it is, I get lines through it.

I've run the same piece in my 25 and 45 (600 dpi). Both giving me the same problem. I like running pics in the 25 because they come out crisper. But it doesn't matter, the line comes through. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Judy

Mark Koenig
06-27-2007, 1:16 PM
Quick question,

I have a few pieces of the tile and when I run the picture no matter what it is, I get lines through it.

I've run the same piece in my 25 and 45 (600 dpi). Both giving me the same problem. I like running pics in the 25 because they come out crisper. But it doesn't matter, the line comes through. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Judy

I have had no problems and the tile is the only thing that kept my sanity in laser engraving while going through the learning curve...

You could PM me and I could try running it through my machine... After all, I've gotten so much help here thats it's not even funny...

Mark.

Dave Jones
06-27-2007, 7:18 PM
Is it possible that you scaled the image after running through Photograv?

Or maybe used an image with a certain resolution, but engraved it at a different resolution that wasn't a multiple of the photo's resolution?

Bill Cunningham
06-28-2007, 8:18 PM
Ordinary Home Depot 6x6 white ceramic tile (.60 ea) sprayed with regular Cermark works well too.. Good solid black contrast image on photos as well...

Thad Nickoley
06-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Bill, will the ceramark hold up on the tile?

Judith Halliday
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys and the few gals,

I am so sorry this took so long. There is a learning curve with all this technology. I figured out finally that I could not load pictures from work because of pop-up blockers.

Now back to the topic. I ran these tiles on my 25 watt machine. If I remember correctly, I ran the 25 watt at 25/100 and a friends 45 at 40/100 both at 600 dpi. I'm inlaying these in a serving tray for my sister who is leaving to Noonan, GA in about three weeks. I'd like to get the horses better than with those lines. I'm open to suggestions.

Many thanks,

Judy

Crosses fingers and hopes the picture comes out.

Brian Robison
07-03-2007, 8:45 AM
Hi Judy,
I think Dave is right. How did you scale the original artwork?
BTW, it's Newnan, Ga.:D

Mike Null
07-03-2007, 9:06 AM
Brian

Care for a little wager on Noonan, GA?

Belinda Barfield
07-03-2007, 9:14 AM
Take it Brian.

Brian Robison
07-03-2007, 9:58 AM
:D
We ride motorcycles there, I do trophies for the events we hold there. The wheel bearing went out on my trailer last time I went there.:(
It's a long haul from Newnan to Shelbyville after you and your 11 year old have been riding all weekend, let me tell ya.

Judith Halliday
07-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi Judy,
I think Dave is right. How did you scale the original artwork?
BTW, it's Newnan, Ga.:D

I took the image and stretched it out in corel paint. I don't have photgrav. But before I ran the horses, I changed it to grey scale.

And I stand corrected, my sis told me it was Newnan, GA.

I'm going to experiment with some more tiles. Will keep ya'll posted.

Many thanks,

Judy

Brian Robison
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
From my understanding, stretching it is the wrong thing to do. Resample in the size and dpi you need. Rodney and Roy Brewer have some good tips on it someplace on here.
BTW Rodney or Rodne?

Judith Halliday
07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
From my understanding, stretching it is the wrong thing to do. Resample in the size and dpi you need. Rodney and Roy Brewer have some good tips on it someplace on here.
BTW Rodney or Rodne?

Are you making fun of my spelling?

Will I ever be forgiven for spelling Newnan wrong?

Have you seen Einstein's quote?

Judy

Jeanette Brewer
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Are you making fun of my spelling?

Will I ever be forgiven for spelling Newnan wrong?

Have you seen Einstein's quote?

Judy

Judy,

Actually, I think Brian is asking a legit/sincere question re: how to spell Rodney's name.

Brian,

It's Rodney. My recollection is that it was a typo when he first joined and wasn't worth the effort (&/or not possible) to correct it.

Brian Robison
07-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Judy,
I wasn't making fun of you. I saw Rodney's name on another site a while back and thought it was a typo.
I think when everyone replies to him as Rodne he probably gets a kick out of it (just a guess).
I'm a terrible speller, thank god for smell cheque!:eek:

Mike Null
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Brian
Good of you not to accept my wager. I too stand corrected though there is a Noonan suburb of Atlanta but it must really be small.