PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw comparison? PM2000 Grizzly G0605X

Floyd Harper
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I have narrowed my choices down to 2 tablesaws.
The PM2000 5HP 50" fence w/ router lift at $2910
also I would have to buy the riving knife for about $40.
and the
Grizzly G0605X 12" Extreme Series at $2,169.00.

I have not heard anything from people who own this Grizzly saw. I think it might be a good machine, but I have no experience with grizzly. I have never even seen a grizzly power tool.
I have been searching through the forum and have heard a lot of positive comments. I just want to know if anybody has this saw.

I have also heard a few complaints about the PM2000 so I am a little concerned. I can order it from a local store though. I don't have the price from them yet.

The reason why I have narrowed it down to these 2 saw if that I want a riving knife. I don't ever use my splitter because it gets in my way. I don't think a riving knife would bother me.

I was thinking about the sawstop, but I decided that there is to much electronics. to much that can break.

Eric Bong
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
I am satisfied with my PM2000. I really like the riving knife. Everything went together without any issue. I did not have any issues with the integrated casters. It really is nice to just move the 600 + pounds with 10 seconds of effort. I did have some issues with the sub fences not being totally flat, but that only took a few min to remedy.

Floyd Harper
06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I forgot to mention that I like the built-in casters feature.

Don Bullock
06-27-2007, 1:23 AM
...The reason why I have narrowed it down to these 2 saw if that I want a riving knife. I don't ever use my splitter because it gets in my way. I don't think a riving knife would bother me.

I was thinking about the sawstop, but I decided that there is to much electronics. to much that can break.

Floyd, you make a great point. I've found the riving knife on my SawStop does not get in the way like most splitters do. The PM and Grizzly riving knife design should be about the same.

Floyd Harper
06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I guess nobody has got the grizzly saw yet?

I am a leaning towards it because it has more capacity and is cheaper. It has extreme series in the name which I think grizzly uses to say they put more into that product.

scott spencer
06-27-2007, 2:10 PM
Floyd - Grizzly used to have a policy of putting buyers in touch with willing owners of Grizzly machines. Give them a call and see if there are any G0605 owners in your area.

Homer Faucett
06-27-2007, 7:20 PM
Personally, unless you are going to be cutting very thick stock, I think the 12" blade will work against you. 10" is standard, and you will be able to buy good quality blades for much less than a good quality 10" blade.

That's just my thought. You may have other intentions in mind, but I can't think of a time where my 10" blade was not sufficient for my needs, but where a 12" blade would do the trick on the TS.

Dennis Peacock
06-27-2007, 7:22 PM
The PM2000 would be my choice. ;)

Shiraz Balolia
06-27-2007, 8:06 PM
Floyd, call our toll free line and ask for a reference of a customer that has one, close to you. That way you can get an unbiased opinion of what an ACTUAL owner has to say about the quality of this machine.
The 10" versus 12" blade argument is a non issue on this saw as it comes equipped with 5/8" and 1" arbors. The riving knife is standard and the saw also includes a quick release blade guard among other bells and whistles like the heavy side and outfeed tables.
When calling for a reference ask for either G0605X or the G0606X (the 3 phase version) as it is the same saw except for the motor.

Noah Katz
06-28-2007, 6:49 PM
"I can't think of a time where my 10" blade was not sufficient for my needs"

Being able to rip the 4" dimension of 2x4's and 4x4's is pretty handy.