PDA

View Full Version : Oh My! There is turner's eye candy in Houston....

Ken Fitzgerald
06-26-2007, 8:27 PM
Earlier this year I ordered a Jamieson hollowing system from Cutting Edge Tools in Houston. This morning I went there...........Now Sunday I saw and took a ride on Chris Harltley's American Beauty. Today I got to see a large Mayo.....and some Mustard.......and a bunch of different Mayo Lights......While I might lust for a Mayo or a Hartley Platinum American Beauty.......I have no doubts the Mustard 3520B will fit my needs and fit my budget as well. I'll go mustard unless I win the lottery....

But then there was Sorby.....lots of Sorby........Henry Taylor......Lancer.....I forgot all the different brands I saw........

I am going home with a Henry Taylor Lancer 3/4" skew and a Robert Sorby modular tool rest with a 9" straight and a curved inside bowl rest.......I could have spent more.......SWMBO was surprised I didn't. If I'd known she'd taken it that well.......I would have.....:D

I also took time to look at 18" b/s......Steel City.....Jet......Rikon..........Steel City is in the lead..........I may have to take a trip to Seattle and look first hand at the Grizzley but.........Steel City looks mighty good for the buck.....

There are a lot of things I like about living in Idaho....but it sure doesn't have as much turner eye candy as Houston does!

Bernie Weishapl
06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Well Ken sounds like a good time was had by one and all. At least up in Idaho like me in Kansas we aren't tempted as much or I would be broke.

Cecil Arnold
06-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Bernie, there are FAA facilities in Houston, maybe you should find a reason to come on down.

Ken, the local economy really appreicates your support.

Nancy Laird
06-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I also took time to look at 18" b/s......Steel City.....Jet......Rikon..........Steel City is in the lead..........I may have to take a trip to Seattle and look first hand at the Grizzley but.........Steel City looks mighty good for the buck.....

Ken.

Go with the Steel City, you won't regret it, I promise!! (You know what LOML does for a living--he'll say the same thing!!).

Nancy

Ernie Nyvall
06-27-2007, 9:52 PM
Yep, there are closer woodworking stores in Houston, but when I go there, I pass them up to get down to The Cutting Edge.

Jim Becker
06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
My Jamison captive system came from The Cutting Edge...nice folks.