PDA

View Full Version : Customer has font I don't have

Craig Hogarth
06-26-2007, 7:15 PM
How do we get it off their computer and onto mine? Both are running xp.

Nancy Laird
06-26-2007, 7:27 PM
Craig, There should be a way that you can copy your customer's entire font file onto a CD then copy it onto your computer. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of doing that, but I do know that I was given a CD of 1000 fonts that I was able to plug into my font directory in Corel X3, so if you can copy his, you can get them onto your computer.

Nancy

Doug McLauchlan
06-26-2007, 7:29 PM
Start>Control Panel, select Fonts.

You'll get a set of .TTF files you can copy to disk, email etc.

Shane Turner
06-26-2007, 7:29 PM
If they are sending it as a vector file ( Corel, Illustrator or EPS). Get them to convert the text to curves before they send it to you. That turns the text into shapes, so you wont need the font on your computer. Of course, if it's done this way you won't be able to edit the text.
The other option is to be send the font file, which will probably reside in their WINDOWS > FONTS Folder. Doing that might violate copyright though, so be careful.

Mike Null
06-26-2007, 8:07 PM
if you are both using Corel they can embed the font in the file. That is one of the file save options. Or they can email that particular font file and you can install it.

Another thing is to look on the internet for the font assuming you know the name (actually even if you don't). http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Bill Cunningham
06-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I have had lots of time where the customer wants a font used in their work that I don't have, but they do.. I usually ask them to send me the .ttf file in a email attachment, I use their file for the job, if it's a copyright font, I then delete it from my system. If it's a 'free' font, I usually just delete it from my installed font directory and file it away in a font dump..

Gary Hair
06-27-2007, 12:24 AM
In X3 there is a "publish to pdf" option and you can select to include the fonts in your drawing. I always use this when sending to someone else just to be sure they aren't missing anything.

Gary