PDA

View Full Version : Mega turning gloat

Don Farr
01-13-2004, 6:30 PM
I guess that I gloat over whatever helps me the most with my woodworking and these sure do that. They were a long time coming but worth the wait.
No major power tools here, just some hand tools that really helped. Thanks for your suggestions Kevin, I am truly impressed with the performance of these high quality tools.
I kept wondering what everyone was talking about when they said that it cuts wood like butter. NOW! I know. :D
Sorry!! I forgot to mention the mega-jaws for turning bowls.
Man I am a happy camper Now!

I guess it time for me to change my silly signature. :D

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-13-2004, 7:30 PM
Don, those are very nice new TOYS ya got there, my friend! :D There is nothing like good turning tools, and I am in the planning mode now for another Bowl Gouge. They really help bring your turning to a new level............and you have obviously achieved that Don..........you are doing a great job with that crazy spinny thing. A nice Gouge and thick scraper are essential to excellent results, and the choices you made are great. How 'bout those Cole Jaws, Huh? I really like mine......it makes it sooooooo easy to get a wonderful finish on bowl bottoms. Keep doing what you are doing Don........I really enjoy seeing the progress you are making........your last bowl, even though it required a small save on your part, was excellent. By Jove, I think you've got it! ;)

John Shuk
01-13-2004, 9:42 PM
Don,
I just ordered the same scraper this weekend at the show in somerset. I can't wait to get it. Never laid hands on Hamlet tools yet but They come highly recomended. Is that the 1 inch? That's what I'm getting. Enjoy!
John

John Miliunas
01-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Don, "Hamlet", no less! Good for you! I've pretty much stuck with Sorby thus far, but may try some of those in the future, as I've heard a LOT of positive stuff about them. Yup, the right tools can sure make all the difference! Congrats on some nice pieces! :cool: