PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Brian Robison
06-26-2007, 1:59 PM
I have Corel 12.
I'm looking at my book with all the fonts and clip art.
I'd like to use some symbols under extra fonts but I haven't got a clue how to get them in the drawing. Am I having brain flatulence?

Rodne Gold
06-26-2007, 2:49 PM
In X3
Go to "text" , "insert symbol character" and a whole list comes up , you can choose a font to see what special characters it offers
You can drag and drop a character to screen or you can highlight a character in an exisiting line of text and click on the special character you want to put in its place.
As far as I remember 12 is essentially the same or similar.

Mike Null
06-26-2007, 2:54 PM
Brian
If you're talking about symbols being Greek letters then those fonts are probably loaded on your system and you can find them by opening Font Navigator. I have 2 and both names are "Symbols_____"

If they are not there they will be on your Corel cd. Just insert that and let Font Navigator find the fonts then install them on your system.

If you're talking about symbols as in cpoyright marks etc. then those are part of each font and can be accessed by clicking on "text", symbol character. Find the symbol you want and either drag it or key in the number of the character.

Brian Robison
06-26-2007, 2:59 PM
I've copied the CD to my hard drive so....
Do I copy the ones that are NOT true type into my font folder?

Brian Robison
06-26-2007, 3:04 PM
Well, that seems to work. I guess I'll load them up.

Brian Robison
06-26-2007, 3:24 PM
Thanks Rodney and Mike, worked like a charm!:D

Brian Robison
06-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Follow up, I set my Corel up like Roy Brewer did on his tutorial using all true type fonts and symbols. I took the "extra fonts/symbols" from the CD and installed them into my fonts folder. I like it!

Mike Null
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Brian

If you installed them into your own fonts folder rather than the Windows fonts folder your machine will be faster. There is a tutorial on Graphics Unleashed on this as well.