PDA

View Full Version : Sending files to the laser before the laser is done

Bob Cole
06-26-2007, 4:28 AM
I have a ULS X-660 connected Ethernet with a DP-301P+ and had an odd issue when I sent the next file to the printer before it was finished with the last job.

I haven't found in the documentation where you can't do this, but noticed my laser slow down slightly when I sent the job and when I went to start the next job, I got an error about the job was corrupt.

I haven't tried it again because I have been working on a few projects so wasn't sure if this is a fluke or it is understood to only send one job at a time.

Nancy Laird
06-26-2007, 7:31 AM
Bob, we send multiples to our lasers all the time - there have been times when we've had 7 or 8 jobs in queue waiting to be run--just hit the "next file" button and go. I have a feeling that your print job WAS corrupt. I'd try that particular print job again--solo--and see what happens.

Nancy

Ron Wiik
06-26-2007, 7:47 AM
You will get a job corrupt error if there is not enough memory to except the entire new file.

Bob Cole
06-27-2007, 3:18 AM
I waited and sent the same file again and it worked.

It was just really odd because I heard the laser slow down or maybe just need to have my hearing checked.

I will do some more testing and see if I can reproduce.

Thanks for the posts.