PDA

View Full Version : 'Nuther Festool gloat

John Miliunas
01-13-2004, 2:08 PM
Hey, it's a power tool and I'm not doing a review on it...yet. So, I hope it's OK for this thread to live here.

Anyhow, the guy in the big Brown Truck just dropped off a 150/5 sander for me, just moments ago! This makes it Festool #3 for me! The box looked as though UPS may have used it for one of their "drop tests", but the contents is in fine shape. For me, this is sort of a "special use" sander, so I was real happy that Bob Marino got me a 20%-off special for a "Demo/Refurb". That means that it may have been "used" just slightly for demo's at shows and such. They also have 10%-off for strictly "Demo" units, those being physically shown and probably handled by people, but not plugged in or used at all. I'd really like to see what the difference between the two is, because my "Demo/Refurb", which supposedly saw some use, looks brand NEW! Not a spec of sawdust anywhere, nor a single scratch. If it had been "used" then refurbished, I'd like to know what they *didn't* replace on it! In a word, "Perfect", just as we've come to know Festool!

I plugged it in quick and just checked to see how it feels. Again, the Festool quality rises to the occasion. Smooth as silk! As soon as I get some testing done with it, I'll post a more comprehensive review of it, but for now, happy as a pig in....in....Well, you know! :D Thanks to Bob Marino and thanks to Festool for their continued commitment to design and quality! :cool:

Terry Hatfield
01-13-2004, 2:19 PM
John,

Did you hit the lottery or something?????? :D

Nice pickup. I gotta get me some Festool one of these days.

t

Jim Becker
01-13-2004, 2:22 PM
Yea, I'm trying to decide what to get to take advantage of the deal, too...too many decisions at the moment!

Congrats on the new sander, and DO give us a real review once you get it up and running on a regular basis.

Byron Trantham
01-13-2004, 4:29 PM
Congradulations John.

Jason Tuinstra
01-13-2004, 4:56 PM
John, now I know why you had to go with the Sony instead of the JVC for X-mas :p

Seriously, congrats!!!

John Miliunas
01-13-2004, 6:34 PM
John, now I know why you had to go with the Sony instead of the JVC for X-mas :p

Seriously, congrats!!!

Hey, wait just a minute, now! I'll have you know that I'm also going to be using the 150/5 to help prep a shelf on which the Sony will reside, as well as assist in a re-do of the Sony recipient's room! So, am I pardoned? :cool:

Chris Padilla
01-13-2004, 8:59 PM
John,

Could you provide a tad more info on your contact for Festool? I went to their website and found their New Year's Closeout Sale but for the life of me, I can figure out how to order scratch 'n dent/ used 'n abused items!

Thanks

Dave Hammelef
01-13-2004, 9:25 PM
John,

Could you provide a tad more info on your contact for Festool? I went to their website and found their New Year's Closeout Sale but for the life of me, I can figure out how to order scratch 'n dent/ used 'n abused items!

Thanks
Im Sure Bob M. will be around to take care of you soon or email me and I will send you his address.

Dave

John Miliunas
01-13-2004, 10:06 PM
John,

Thanks

Chris, check your PM... :cool: