PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Gathering - Houston

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Yesterday my youngest son Mike hosted a Creeker gathering at his home in Pearland Tx. It was truly a fun time with a number of members showing up to enjoy the company and the food Mike and his pretty wife Kristy fixed. In attendance was Tom Hamilton, Brad Scmid, Ernie Nyvall, Robert Mc Gowan and his wife Diana, Chris Hartley and Cecil Arnold. I will post photos for proof when I return to Idaho and have access to my computer and photo software. I truly enjoyed the company, the food and the gifts. Folks.....are you aware....there is a weight limit on baggage checked at the airlines and a limit to the number of bags you can take? Thanks again for the very generous gifts! I hope I can do justice to the turning blanks.

As I posted in another thread, Mike and I went to Chris Hartley's and I got to turn on his American beauty. It is an extremely well built and nice looking machine. I'd love to be able to have one....but it would totally consume my budget for finishing my shop this fall......Yes I'm going to finish my shop......

Thanks again folks....for the company and the gifts!

Nancy Laird
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey, Ken, if you're overweight with the airlines, just box that stuff up and put it on a Greyhound bus. It will get there in a couple of days for minimum money.

Nancy

Karl Laustrup
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, even without pictures, I'm GREEN with envy. One of these days Ken, one of these days.

I'd love to be able to have one....but it would totally consume my budget for finishing my shop this fall......Yes I'm going to finish my shop......

Well now Ken, if you were to drive back here and visit with a few of us "Cheesehead Creekers", we could take a drive down to Barneveld, WI and perhaps you could get a good deal on one and be able to save the shipping costs as well. :) And still finish the shop.

Think about it. :)

Karl

Tyler Howell
06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
No Pictures???:eek:
Didn't happen!:mad:

Gary Keedwell
06-25-2007, 2:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/useless.gif

Gary K.

Jim Becker
06-25-2007, 2:49 PM
The picture police should note that Ken specified he will post pictures when he gets access to his computer...in the mean time there are a few in Chris H's thread in the turning forum. ;)

Gary Keedwell
06-25-2007, 4:08 PM
Sorry.....I'm a flat stock man only.;)
Gary K.

John Shuk
06-25-2007, 6:24 PM
Hey, Ken, if you're overweight with the airlines, just box that stuff up and put it on a Greyhound bus. It will get there in a couple of days for minimum money.

Nancy
That Greyhound bus shipping method is unreal. I bought some stuff off of EBAY that got shipped that way and it was very reasonable cost wise.

Gary Keedwell
06-25-2007, 8:33 PM
That Greyhound bus shipping method is unreal. I bought some stuff off of EBAY that got shipped that way and it was very reasonable cost wise.
That is very interesting. I'll have to look into that. :)

Gary K.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Folks....Here's a photo of the group gathering last Sunday at my son's home in Pearland Tx. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and look forward to seeing you again! Thanks for attending! Thanks for the company! And thanks for the many gifts! It was truly a pleasure!

From left to right....Robert "Broken Fingers" McGowen, Chris Harley, Cecil Arnold, Ernie "Rabbit" Nyvall, Ken Fitzgerald, Brad Scmid....Not in the photo....Robert's lovely wife and Tom Hamilton.....

Nancy Laird
07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
What a rogue's gallery!!!!

Sounds like you had fun, Ken.

Nancy

Karl Laustrup
07-01-2007, 7:48 AM
What a rogue's gallery!!!!

Rogue's gallery INDEED!!!! :eek: :D :D

One is to assume that you have found your way home again, Ken, after what was a most pleasent trip I'm sure.

Now, thinking aloud here, where can you fit a Robust in the shop?? Once it's completed of course. ;) :D

Karl

Ernie Nyvall
07-01-2007, 7:31 PM
Ken, it was certainly my pleasure to be there, and I appreciate Mike's invitation. You have a very nice family. It was nice to see again and meet some new Creekers. I had a great time.

Oh, thanks for the RABBIT ears in the pic. :D

John Shuk
07-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow what a motley bunch there! Seriously, it's nice to see folks get together.