PDA

View Full Version : Going Biesemeyer fencing... best one, best price?

Mitchell Andrus
06-25-2007, 9:18 AM
OK, I've had it with the standard Delta fence... Anyone have a better place to buy a Beisemeyer for a Delta Great White? Do they have a variety of models?

scott spencer
06-25-2007, 9:20 AM
Biesemeyer offers specials, blems,and closeouts. Amazon also runs periodic sales that drop the price alot. You could also check Ebay and forum classifieds.

http://biesemeyer.com/specials/index.htm

glenn bradley
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I have seen folks selling their Bies Commercial to go to the 'home' edition due to weight or space constraints. You may want to post a WTB in the SMC classifieds. Mine came with a saw attached so I'm not much good to you on a source but, they do come in many flavors (saw table hole patterns that is).

I guess I should mention that I love my Bies. No frills, nothing fancy, just rock-solid and always dead-on. I did add a small round magnifier to the cursor for my aging eyes ($1.50 at HF).

Matt Meiser
06-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I have the "commercial" fence and love it. I bought my overarm guard as a "second" from a tool supplier in Atlanta, but based on recent postings about that particular company, I think I'd either go direct to Biesemeyer or buy from Amazon.

Also, they are probably all gone now, but I think Lowes was recently clearing out the Unifence for a great price.

Jim Becker
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, consider the UniFence, too...excellent fence and the moving face makes it very versatile. I much prefer that type of fence over the "fixed" tee-square type fences.

Chuck Lenz
06-25-2007, 1:12 PM
I have had a Unifence on my saw since I bought the saw new 12 years ago. It's been a solid performer, no complaints here with it.

Bob Vallaster
06-25-2007, 2:03 PM
...what Scott Spencer said. I bought one out of the company's scratch-n-dent bin. Good deal. No discernable defect. Has been a sweetheart to use for ~ 6 years now.

Bob V