PDA

View Full Version : I turned on an American Beauty...............

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2007, 8:34 AM
What I actually should say is that I had the opportunity to turn on Chris Hartley's Beauty and what a beauty it really is!

Nicely made machine that his photos don't do justice to the craftsmanship that built it........

Chris.........Thanks! That was a kick in the pants.

And it was a new experience turning with a Kelton tool that had a conventional grind. I found I had to modify my technique to accomodate the difference.

Thanks Chris.........

Thanks for coming to the cookout too! After the LOML found out what Beauty cost..........the price of a Mustard machine appeared to be a bargain......and eased the skids for me later this fall!

Keith Burns
06-25-2007, 8:43 AM
Ken I started to chastize you for not posting any pics but then I read Chris' post and there you were !! Looks like you had a great time and you really look good on that big machine !!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2007, 8:49 AM
Keith.....My wife and son took photos. My son's not here right now. My wife didn't bring the cable for her camera. I don't know if the son has photo editing software so I can edit the photos he took.....I want to post photos of the cookout too......May have to wait until I'm back in Idaho later this week.

Christopher K. Hartley
06-25-2007, 9:08 AM
Keith, let's really bug him about the movie that his son took. I'd love to see that one posted. Ken, still think you should look at that Sweet 16 Robust. I know it's a bit higher but with a 30" swing it would be a lot of fun.:D :D :D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2007, 9:11 AM
Chris....could you post a link for Robust?

Christopher K. Hartley
06-25-2007, 9:15 AM
Chris....could you post a link for Robust?You bet, here it is: http://www.turnrobust.com/ Give Brent English a call and talk with him. He is a real down to earth guy who will answer your questions and you will really enjoy getting to know him.:)

Bernie Weishapl
06-25-2007, 9:47 AM
As I said before Ken is going to have a Beauty in his shop by Christmas.:rolleyes: :cool: ;) Mustard yea right.

Karl Laustrup
06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
You bet, here it is: http://www.turnrobust.com/ Give Brent English a call and talk with him. He is a real down to earth guy who will answer your questions and you will really enjoy getting to know him.:)

And they're made just down the road from me in Barneveld. ;) ;)

Karl

Dennis Peacock
06-25-2007, 1:05 PM
Well now....will be it a "Beauty" AND a "Mustard" in Ken's shop in the next year or two???!!!! ;)

Jim Becker
06-25-2007, 1:55 PM
You do realize that this experience is going to cost you, Ken...once you turn on a non-mass produced machine, no matter what the color/flavor, you'll be hard pressed to be satisfied with anything less! LOL Oh, my...this is going to cost you!

D Randall
06-25-2007, 5:31 PM
Brent is a member of our turning club. Great guy. just wish I had the coin to get THAT into turning. some day.:rolleyes: