PDA

View Full Version : Wedding reception treasure chest

Fred Voorhees
06-24-2007, 5:23 PM
I think I posted a pic of this treasure chest back a number of months when I actually built it. This was for our sons wedding, which occured just yesterday in Scranton, PA. It was for the guests to deposit their money/gift cards into as they entered the reception hall. Just thought that I would throw up a picture of it situated where it was intended to be put to use. I got a number of compliments on it. After they return from their honeymoon, they will bring the box back to me so that I can replace the slotted slat on the top with a full one and they will keep it for use in their new home. Also threw up a pic of the two newlyweds. Sorry about the quality of the photo, as it may have been due to my consumption of multiple margueritas?

Todd Jensen
06-24-2007, 6:19 PM
Fred, you are definitely unafraid. A beautiful wooden booty vault, and a great way to ask for donations.:rolleyes: :cool:

Jim Becker
06-24-2007, 9:29 PM
Beautiful chest, Fred!!! And congrats on finally getting that lad married off!!

Jesse Thornton
06-25-2007, 3:27 AM
Very nice, Fred. I'd like to make something similar for my son, but with the sides tapering in, pirate chest style.
The top looks fantastic.

Fred Voorhees
06-25-2007, 6:44 PM
Well, although we have married off a son (our only child) it doesn't mean that we don't have any "little boys" around the house. Here is one of three, our newest, Sydney, enjoying some down time with me on the bed today.

glenn bradley
06-25-2007, 6:51 PM
That is great Fred. I wish I'd seen it back when I made a pirate chest styled breadbox for a Friend. I like your design.

Jesse Thornton
06-25-2007, 7:14 PM
Well, although we have married off a son (our only child) it doesn't mean that we don't have any "little boys" around the house. Here is one of three, our newest, Sydney, enjoying some down time with me on the bed today.

Ah yes, I can see the resemblance!

Todd Jensen
06-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Fred, its really difficult in the picture to determine which animal is cuter.:D