PDA

View Full Version : Possible Sticky Poll?

pete hagan
06-24-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif Poll for satisfaction
To all in this thread and others interested in Chinese (or any manufacturer) lasers.

Running a small business is hard no matter what size and the fact that several people have these horrendous experiences and issues with some of the Chinese laser companies shows how difficult doing business between two different cultures can be. That said "Caveat venditor" or let the seller beware! In business if you screw someone over you will not only not do business with that person again but that person will likely influence more than 25 other people AGAINST your company. Each of those 25 people will likely influence others against the company in question.

With the internet and these discussion forums you can easily gain or loose opportunities to do business worldwide. Therefore I suggest that we start a new sticky thread based on experience with specific companies sort of like a tally board. List each company name and allow a polling / voting of say 5 key elements of the sale so that people who are looking at a product / company can come and review other people's experiences in a concise form vs searching through so many threads.

Admin people what do you think???

Pete

Mike Null
06-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Pete

It would certainly be helpful to be able to access an objective review of each product by owners but I would have some reservation about doing it as I suspect there could be liability issues for the forum owners.

It is definitely an idea worth further discussion.

Gary Hair
06-24-2007, 1:20 PM
Unless you have a two-sided posting process, similar to Ebay, you open yourself up to a huge liability. For every transaction there are two sides and both sides need to be able to state their feelings about the transaction.
I like the idea of putting together a resource to check out vendors but it needs to be done very carefully.

Gary

James MacNab
06-24-2007, 9:10 PM
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif Poll for satisfaction
To all in this thread and others interested in Chinese (or any manufacturer) lasers.

Running a small business is hard no matter what size and the fact that several people have these horrendous experiences and issues with some of the Chinese laser companies shows how difficult doing business between two different cultures can be. That said "Caveat venditor" or let the seller beware! In business if you screw someone over you will not only not do business with that person again but that person will likely influence more than 25 other people AGAINST your company. Each of those 25 people will likely influence others against the company in question.

With the internet and these discussion forums you can easily gain or loose opportunities to do business worldwide. Therefore I suggest that we start a new sticky thread based on experience with specific companies sort of like a tally board. List each company name and allow a polling / voting of say 5 key elements of the sale so that people who are looking at a product / company can come and review other people's experiences in a concise form vs searching through so many threads.

Admin people what do you think???

Pete
I am a newbee in the laser end of things but I bought a laser from Austraila and things went fine until I got it home and the laser would not start. Now they won't even answer my emails. I want to say very poor service but you have to have service for it to be good or bad. I am all for this idea.
I have to say this about the chinese. When I couldn't get my laser to work I found a company in China who is helping me and they have not made a penny from the sale. If this form is a go then we should also promote company who go beyound to help.
Regards Jim

Mike Null
06-25-2007, 7:49 AM
You are free to identify both your problem and your solution on the forum as it is. And it would probably be a good idea to do so.

Mohammed Hasham
06-25-2007, 8:57 AM
Jim,

Would you be able to tell which company helped you out. I need help with my laser as well. I think it's a great idea to have a rating for company's.

Mohammed

Jacqui Marlin
06-25-2007, 4:26 PM
I have found the discussions of various machines on the forums most helpful in helping me make a decision and I would be happy to share my personal experience - my machine should be on its way and I planned to post how things go so others may evaluate for themselves what they might do.

I read the good and the bad, and made my decision based on many different posts and I carefully read both sides of the transactions. So far my experience has been good.

James MacNab
06-25-2007, 6:42 PM
Jim,

Would you be able to tell which company helped you out. I need help with my laser as well. I think it's a great idea to have a rating for company's.

Mohammed

When my laser would not start this company sent me the program in English so I could under stand it. Then when that failed the asked me to send the motion control card and the main board to them so they could check it out. They found a crack in the main board and they sent me a replacement. This company deserves a big thums up.
China National Electronics Imp. & Exp. Zhejiang Co.
email: wangjun@ceieczj.com
Hope this helps
Jim