PDA

View Full Version : LOML forum?? Mine wants to know why we don't have one??

mark page
06-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I have been asked the dreaded question. Why isn't there a forum just for us wives (or husbands) of woodworkers on the Creek. I get the "business" every once in a while (well really more than that) of "I'm going to post some pics of your dirty shop, this screw up justifies a pic to the Creek, how would your fellow woodworkers appreciate a pic of you in the shop in just a pair of gym shorts, or a pic of running out to the shop in a pair of underwear just to check on how a finish is drying, etc etc etc etc....".
I just tell her NO and stay away from the camera. I'm sure we would all be emabarassed or em-bare-assed at some point or another beyond emotional repair, lol. But I did tell her I would post the question just to see all the responses involved just for her self pleasuring. So let the answers come in.

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Tell her to start one.

Gary Keedwell
06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I hate to say it but I don't think my LOML could be bothered. Now don't take that wrong, it has no reflection on the Creek, it's just that as long as I produce a piece of furniture every once in awhile, she pretty much leaves me alone.
After over 27 years of seeing me in every awkward position and circumstance, there isn't much that surprises her anymore.:rolleyes: But I bet you guys who haven't enjoyed the bliss of marriage for all that long could have alot of fun with LOML's participation.:p

Gary K.

Joe Pelonio
06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
My wife is a big quilt enthusiast and belongs to several related organizations, but not to any forums of any kind. She prefers to share experiences in person, rather than online. I can almost guarantee that if such a forum was started she would not be interested. Still, I think some of the wives would look at it as a good way to have fun at the expense of the husband, so it's a little dangerous.

Nancy Laird
06-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Since both of us regularly post to the forums, I don't think we would be interested in just a LOML forum. But, Mark, have her join as a member and she can post all the embarassing stuff she wants to, under her own name!! :o :rolleyes: THAT would be fun.:D

Nancy

Jim Becker
06-24-2007, 1:05 PM
Professor Dr. SWMBO already participates in a number of online communities, including TableTalk and several adoption related forums. I doubt that she would actively participate here, even in a "dedicated" forum. (I have, however, suggested that she register so that she can at least see the pictures I want her to see...)

And there is another thing about this...would the husbands of our female members participate...?? ;)

glenn bradley
06-24-2007, 1:23 PM
Did you ever see "the Flintstones" episode where they invited women to joint the water buffalo lodge? <== Take that one with the smile intended folks.

Will our Woodworking Women's significant others participate? Might be a cool idea to stimulate some conversation from another viewpoint into the Member's activities.

mark page
06-24-2007, 2:37 PM
Well one thing is for sure, there would not be any woodworking in depth discussions arousing from her posts, other than at the expense of me or my shop. Now granted she does piddle in the shop on scroll saw etc. and is pretty good at it. But I think her posts would probably be in order of America's funniest home videos, or in her case pics/discussions. Although it might be funny to read some others posts in this case too, lol. Everyone needs a good laugh now and then...and then who know's, some items may rival Gary Larson's "The Far Side" comics.....

David G Baker
06-24-2007, 6:43 PM
I have been asked the dreaded question. Why isn't there a forum just for us wives (or husbands) of woodworkers on the Creek. I get the "business" every once in a while (well really more than that) of "I'm going to post some pics of your dirty shop, this screw up justifies a pic to the Creek, how would your fellow woodworkers appreciate a pic of you in the shop in just a pair of gym shorts, or a pic of running out to the shop in a pair of underwear just to check on how a finish is drying, etc etc etc etc....".
I just tell her NO and stay away from the camera. I'm sure we would all be emabarassed or em-bare-assed at some point or another beyond emotional repair, lol. But I did tell her I would post the question just to see all the responses involved just for her self pleasuring. So let the answers come in.
Mark,
I am sure that the embarrassing issues work both ways. You may have to take a few photos of your own and threaten to post some of them. Whats good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

Joe Pelonio
06-24-2007, 7:37 PM
I just thought of another danger, they will have access, and will see all the stuff we've written about them in the past!

mark page
06-24-2007, 7:46 PM
Hey David,
The only problem here is that mine just doesn't go along with getting even--SHE GETS FOUR OR FIVE UP!!!!! And I can't seem to catch her in any of those odd predicaments like she does me four or five times a day. She's well reserved and must think out every move beforehand, dang it. Although there was that Woodpeckers catalog incident she lowered her guard on once in a previous post....

David G Baker
06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey David,
The only problem here is that mine just doesn't go along with getting even--SHE GETS FOUR OR FIVE UP!!!!! And I can't seem to catch her in any of those odd predicaments like she does me four or five times a day. She's well reserved and must think out every move beforehand, dang it. Although there was that Woodpeckers catalog incident she lowered her guard on once in a previous post....
Mark,
I was once married to someone with similar "FOUR OR FIVE UPS", I couldn't let her FIVE up me, so one day I went out for a pack of cigarettes, you know the rest of the story. Oh by the way, I don't smoke. Her attorney did the FIVE UPS for her but it didn't stop at FIVE.

mark page
06-25-2007, 9:14 PM
I don't mean anything derogatory about my LOML. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just mean she nails me doing something stupid more times than I can nail her. We both laugh about it. We get along great and share the same thoughts about most everything. Five years together and not a single spat. The idea of a LOML forum was all in her good jovial thoughts and meant in a good way. Actually it was a way of teasing me. lol.

Al Willits
06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
First off, I doubt the world is ready to see me in my underwear, much less running, nightmares are what that would be made of....

Also, I think Beasty would probably have a few words about you all forcing me into woodworking, and the fact you won't let me make her kitchen cabinets, even though you've made me spend waaay to much money and time on this hobby, and the fact that you've got me to buy so much stuff her car now sits outside..well..except for hail, it goes in the garage whether there's room or not then.
And she'd probably add that now instead of dragging her to every drag strip in the 5 state area, we now hit lumber yards were I find rare exotic woods at ridiculous prices that you guys make me buy...

So I doubt she'd wanna get on a forum where all you have led me down the road of ruination... :D

Al...who doubts she's gonna buy any of this...:)

Enjoying every minute of it though. :D :D

Jason Roehl
06-26-2007, 8:23 AM
BAD IDEA. Mine would have a bunch of my tools in the classifieds in no time: "But you haven't used those tools in a couple years!" :eek:

Randal Stevenson
06-26-2007, 3:51 PM
Edit added to the SawmillCreek tos:

"no discussions that would generally be considered hurtfull to our members, aka race, religion, marriage status, medical (photo's of someone in the shop with holes in the underwear), ....."

So tell her that violates multiple parts of the tos, it's against the single people, and could cause medical problems (heart attacks of members, aka posters spouse, and anyone viewing).;):D

Dennis Peacock
06-26-2007, 8:17 PM
Edit added to the SawmillCreek tos:

"no discussions that would generally be considered hurtfull to our members, aka race, religion, marriage status, medical (photo's of someone in the shop with holes in the underwear), ....."

So tell her that violates multiple parts of the tos, it's against the single people, and could cause medical problems (heart attacks of members, aka posters spouse, and anyone viewing).;):D

Now THAT's some pretty smart thinking. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-26-2007, 8:29 PM
The last thing we want to do is provide a forum where they can get together and compare notes. They might figure out our tool buying strategies and the develop some countermeasures!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Robert McGowen
06-26-2007, 9:01 PM
I imagine the "gloat" factor would go way downhill. It would be hard to explain the new tool gloat, when you were the only one that knew about the new tool! :D

Mike Null
06-26-2007, 9:10 PM
Do our lady members run out to the shop in their skivvies to check whether a finish is drying?

Bonnie Campbell
06-26-2007, 9:53 PM
Do our lady members run out to the shop in their skivvies to check whether a finish is drying?

I don't! It'd scare the neighbors into having heart attacks :eek: Bad enough when I'm fully clothed mowing the lawn they're out looking like this :eek: