PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
06-22-2007, 6:35 AM
Friday June 22nd, 2007

Well the first full day of summer is upon us [Winter for those of you south of the equator]. Now the days start getting shorter for those of us north of the equator.

Not sure what's on the agenda just yet, although a "Creeker" visit may be in order. I'm still recovering from having some kidney stones blasted with shock waves Monday. Still not feeling up to par, although every day is better. :)

So what are you up to for the first weekend of summer? Grass to mow? Garden to tend? Clean the shop [Al]? Actually do some WW'ing?

Whatever it may be, make it enjoyable and above all make it "SAFE".

Karl

Don Bullock
06-22-2007, 9:17 AM
Since I'm off from work for the summer my weekends and week days sort of blend together. I've got a dog show this morning and one tomorrow morning. If our Champion wins either day, we'll stay at the show all day. Whatever shop time I get this weekend will be spent doing sanding and cleaning up some mortises on a table I'm making. The table is a project from a woodworking class I'm taking at a WoodCraft store. If there is any other shop time left over I'll get back to my mantle project.

Tyler Howell
06-22-2007, 9:22 AM
Hey Karl,
In town this weekend. Long punch list.
My baby's coming home so I want to spend som time with her.
Packing up parts of the shop and a little yard work.
Have a safe one.

TTFN
TJH

Jim O'Dell
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Step 2 in the sprinkler pump installation. First run through with house water only showed some leaks. Finished that up last night, but wanted the pipe glue to cure before I pressured it up. After that, not sure, but I think it's deep cleaning time getting ready for company next weekend. I need to blow all the pecan tree crap off the roof on the house and the shop. Hopefully it won't rain and make it mush again. Beyond that, maybe some rest? :D Jim.

Matt Meiser
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Planning to work on the bathroom cabinets, but I hurt my back on Wednesday and it is still sore so I don't know if I'll get anything done. I also plan to try out the smoker for the first time.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Flying out to Houston on Official SMC business.....Got to inspect Hartley's many recent Gloats.....Might visit the youngest son and his wife while I'm there!:D

Nancy Laird
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Since my weekend started today, I'm finishing up some laser projects and doing a little designing. Tomorrow is open, but it will be spent getting ready for Sunday, as we are having a picnic here at the house for a bunch of woodworking friends--couple of Creekers going to be here. Pictures at 11! (on Sunday)

Nancy

TYLER WOOD
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Taking off at lunch from work, heading out to the lake for a little fishing excursion on Lake Brownwood!!:cool: Crappie, bass and catfish beware....my friend is coming (they don't have to worry about me, I fish, I don't catch:( ):D

Brad Schmid
06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to visiting with Ken, his family, and other SMCer's on Sunday of course:D

glenn bradley
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Hope to get a good amount of progress on some small boxes I have been wanting to try. Keyed miter corners and variations on lift-off lids. If I don't make a complete trainwreck out of 'em and have to start over, I'll post some pics.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Looking forward to visiting with Ken, his family, and other SMCer's on Sunday of course:D

Looking forward to meeting you and other Creekers Brad!

Jim Becker
06-22-2007, 2:35 PM
Grrrrrr....have a 50th Anniversary party to attend on Saturday mid-day, so that blows any chance of getting in the shop, even though it would have been my weekend "off" from schlepping kids to various activities. I may get some time in there on Sunday after mowing the lawn, but we have guests coming later in the day. Did I happen to say, "Grrrrrrr"?????????

Al Willits
06-22-2007, 2:50 PM
Cleaning ??
Ya sur u betcha, well a little anyway. :D
I have most of the tree limb that fell on the boat/garage chopped up and put away, so Saturday is bring the dog in for her monthly shot and try and get some more coats of poly on the storage cabinet before the wife gets home, Beatsy's half day Sat.
Then we'll decide whether to go buy the brick molding, if its gonna be plastic or wood, or am I just gonna made the stuff out of the pile of white oak the wife has decided is to dark for kitchen cabinets...time will tell, depending on mood...hers not mine...:)

Sunday is gonna be hot so I might just pull the boat out and summerize it so we can actually use it this year, got a new AM/FM/CD deck for it and may install that to, if I make it that far.

Gonna try slow cooking ribs again this weekend..this time with a full cyllinder of propane..:)

Ya all have a safe and well weekend.

Al

Al Killian
06-22-2007, 4:16 PM
Working on the wifes B-day gift. She likes doing them paint by number kits, so I am makeing her a art easel. It will be a cross between a art easel and drafting table. This will be made using leftovers in the shop. Nothing fancy just red oak a butternut. I am not sure how well the will lok together.

Steve Clardy
06-22-2007, 7:29 PM
Attending the griz tent sale saturday.

Sunday, working on the hydraulics on my tractor, getting it ready for a tractor mount wood splitter

Bob Reeve
06-22-2007, 8:26 PM
Just about to go outside and mow the yards. Tomorrow I am going on a poker run on my scooter which will take up most of the day. I will then spend some time in the shop sanding and hopefully getting the fist coat of Velvit Oil on my tool chest. Sunday will be spent building a mfg stone sitting wall by the pool. Monday may be spent in bed if I lift to much.

Bob

Dennis Peacock
06-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Howdy Karl,

More work for the day job.

I will have some shop time this weekend as I finally got in an adhesive that will allow me to "iron" on the veneers to the curved ends of the oval table skirt. Other than that, I'll be bass playing again at church on Sunday and then family night Sunday night.

Have a great weekend everyone.