PDA

View Full Version : Not too pretty, but it's a first!

paul ashman
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, as I stated in a previous thread, I turned my first bowl. I have no clue as to the kind of wood, I got it at our last local club meeting, and just decided to try something with it. As I said in the other post, my wife likes it, and that is all that counts for me.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Paul.........That's a nice first bowl. You managed to turn a rough equivalent of an NE which in my limited experience is more diffiult to turn because you don't have constant contact with the wood while turning it. Nicely done! On to the next one! And further more if SWMBO likes it...that's all that matters! Well done!

Bernie Weishapl
06-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Well done Paul. I agree with Ken looks like a NE bowl. Great looking wood.

Dennis Peacock
06-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Congrats on a nice 1st there Paul!!!! Keep it up!!! :D

Curt Fuller
06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
That's a great looking "first" bowl. It even has some artistic flair to it. Nice job!

Grant Wilkinson
06-22-2007, 9:12 AM
Paul

That's a very fine first bowl. I don't like to brag, but my first bowl was quite a bit better .......... until I blew the damn thing up with a bowl gouge. (I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. :D)

Steve Schlumpf
06-22-2007, 9:21 AM
Nice first bowl Paul! I have no idea of kind of wood - just be sure to take it with you on your next club meeting - for Show & Tell - and you should be able to find out what kind it is at that time. Nice work - looking forward to seeing bowl #2!

Frank Kobilsek
06-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Paul

If you are nervous about showing friends and family fill it full of whole cashews and it will be great!

Keep at it this is a wonderful start.

Frank

Jim Becker
06-22-2007, 2:19 PM
That would be "dunno wood", Paul! Nice job on this first one, too!

Paul Engle
06-22-2007, 2:39 PM
ut oh, as one paul to another ... nice job. they love em :eek: . my house is full of em :eek: , er ... her house is full of em :eek: , ah ... the house is full of em:eek: , anyway you get it the idea. :D Even the scraps ..... sometimes:confused:

Ernie Nyvall
06-23-2007, 8:12 AM
Nice first Paul. I like the NE rim.

Tom Sherman
06-23-2007, 10:25 AM
One thing to keep in mind Paul, is that we are our own worst critics. We know each and evey little flaw that is in the pieces that we do not everyone else will. Your bowl looks fine to me, remember the flea market saying "one mans trash is another man's treasure." Keep on turning.

Ken LaSota
06-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Paul very nice. To try a NE bowl the first time out I says deserves a big star. great job and good luck with next ones.
Ken