PDA

View Full Version : Nametags

Steve McKee
06-21-2007, 3:38 PM
We've been asked to make some nametags for nurses and have no idea what type of material to use. Can anyone tell us what material(s) work best for this application?

Thanks

Joe Pelonio
06-21-2007, 3:52 PM
Rowmark or IPI Laserable material, I use Rowmark LaserMax for most name tags. It's outdoor durable but since the price is so close to the indoor Laser-
Mark I pretty much always use it. You'll also need to buy the pin or magnetic backs for them.

Steve McKee
06-21-2007, 5:51 PM
Thanks Joe. How would you typically price the nametags?

Joe Pelonio
06-21-2007, 6:04 PM
There's a lot of different ways but you have to be at least close to what people will pay to order them online, I've seen $4-6. I start off at $7
for the name, title, and pin back. Then I'll add $.50 for magnetic, and if a logo is needed the actual time for it at $1/minute. For quantity 10 or more on the same order I'll discount 10%.

Mike Null
06-21-2007, 6:20 PM
I start at $6.50 and go to $11. I get $1.50 for the magnets. I also do a lot of wholesale and prices start at $3 and go to $8 with magnets at $1.00. My $3 wholesale is a 1/32" IPI plastic with pin.

Levi Chanowitz
06-21-2007, 6:58 PM
Here is a link to a leader in the industry
http://www.permarkbadges.com/.

your discount is around 40%. they sell through promotional distributors.
They will send you catalogues, your customers will have lots of choices.
They will hold badges for future engraving

Bill Cunningham
06-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Here is a link to a leader in the industry
http://www.permarkbadges.com/.

your discount is around 40%. they sell through promotional distributors.
They will send you catalogues, your customers will have lots of choices.
They will hold badges for future engraving

I have used permark in the past for multi colour hotstamped logos.. Their plain badges are a bit pricey, but they do exceptional work on multi colour stuff.. I used to get them to print the logos, then send me the blanks for engraving with name/title etc.. Now, I generally just use reverse engraved material colour filled.. The laser has pretty well replaced the hot stamping machine..