PDA

View Full Version : It's not a Festool, but close

Scott Coffelt
01-12-2004, 4:27 PM
Well, the SWMBO bought me the Fein Mini Vac for Xmas. When I opened it there was no hose. So a phone call later an order for the replacement hose is on its way to Fein. The 16ft hose (upgrade for the 10ft that normally comes with it) arrived last week. I set up the vac with the bags and everything. Hooked it into an X10 receiver and tried it out.

I tried out the Dewaly biscuit jointer and it fit perfectly and worked flawlessly. Then to the PC 333, not an exact fit, but a little duct tape and again it worked great. No dust what so ever on the piece while I sanded. I also sanded the edges and could see the dust get sucked right into the holes. Next was the router and finally to the Jet spindle sander. All did great.

I need to place an order to Coastal Tool for some of the adpaters to get perfect on all my tools, but I can tell you I am pleased with the results. If the festool is better, it has to be one heck of a system because the Fein exceeded my expectations.

BTW, anyone who has the mini Fein, the X10 works great as a starter. Since I had these lying around the shop it was no extra $$'s out of my wallet.

Bruce Page
01-12-2004, 8:12 PM
Scott, I agree with you completely. I have the Turbo III and I have been fully satisfied from day one.