PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt CMS needs Bushing

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-01-2003, 7:54 PM
My "Chop Saw" has a vibration. My buddy thought it was a bearing but the blade was loose. Tightened that sucker and it was better. I had the electrician out today to run a 220V for some "big Green things" on my wish list. I asked the electrician to check the CMS. Removing the blade gave us a clearer picture. <p>
The loose blade has wallered out the blade bushing. The bushing sits inside the blade center. All agreed that a new bushing would solve the condition. The motor shaft seems tight. <p>
OK, I went to 1 building supply, 2 hardware stores and a tool store. I took my paid helper with me so I need to get back to the shop.

Where do you git this Bushing?
Do all blades require this bushing or can I git a new blade?
Help me out here folks. "Bubba needs a fix."

The CMS is a good one but it belongs to Randy, my buddy. He has some tools over here because he don't have a good place to work. MyTS is his. I don't have the manual but this ain't brain surgery. I need a little round, "inexpensive looking" bushing.

John Miliunas
03-01-2003, 9:21 PM
What model are you working with there, Doc? I've got the full manual here for the 705 and could look up the exact part for you. Call into DeWalt and I'm sure they could get it out to you soon enough. Let me know...:cool:

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-01-2003, 9:51 PM
It's a Dewalt blade, too. Is this bushing packaged with the blade or is it original to the saw? I mean, do all 10" blades have this size hole? Or, do most blades fit the arbor with no bushing?

John Miliunas
03-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Zack, this is what I'm seeing. Most, if not all 10" blades have a 5/8" mounting hole. Most TS and CMS units have a 5/8" arbor. Hence, when you put a 10" blade on either one, no other bushing is needed. On the other hand, most 12" blades have a 1" hole. Typically, table saws with a 12" capacity will also have a 1" arbor. Given that, when one uses your typical 12" blade on a 12" capacity CMS, there needs to be a bushing. Obviously, the OD of that bushing needs to be 1", while the ID is 5/8". In this case, DeWalt has chosen to call their "bushing" an *adaptor*. That particular adaptor is .109" thick. I sound so "smart", because I went out to the shop and quick tore mine down to make sure I knew what I was talking about.:D At any rate, DeWalt's part number for this little item is:152636-00, though I have to believe if you got your mitts on a bushing with the above specs, I see no reason it wouldn't work. Good luck!:cool:

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Duh.... I thought it was a 10" blade. Now I need a source for the bushing. My local Hardware store carries DeWalt stuff. They open at noon on Sunday. I don't need the saw again till next Saturday.
I'll bet they can order the adapter...............
Thanks again.

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-02-2003, 8:21 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have a similar problem with vibration on my 705, and some time back had the loose blade issue (which still baffles me...how can it get loose?!) I'm gonna run out to the shop and check the bushing...it makes sense.

KC

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-02-2003, 8:39 AM
It takes a big size Starret (I think that's what you call it) wrench to move the blade guard out the way. A 1/2" wrench, counter clockwise, will lossen the blade. If the bushing is sloppin around in there then you have the same problem.