PDA

View Full Version : INCRA customer service is top notch

Steven Triggs
06-20-2007, 9:35 PM
I just wanted to share an excellent customer service experience.

I purchased an Incra Miter 5000 several months back. When I purchased it I was using a TS300 table saw, which has a smaller table than a full size table saw. Having recently purchased a cabinet saw, I needed a new right side board for the the Miter 5000, because it is custom cut to fit the saw. I believe this part sells for around $35 or $40. Last week, I contacted Incra via email and explained the situation. I had not heard anything back from them, but when I got home this afternoon a replacement board had been delivered at no cost.

I was already extremely pleased with Incra due to the quality of their products. Now I know that their service is top quality too. It is like having your cake and eating it too.

Bob Feeser
06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Steve,
I bought Incra's table saw fence, and did a custom fit with it, so that it meets with the left edge of my table, rather than over the left edge. Consequently I needed a couple extra of their attaching pieces that are L-clamps, in order to accomodate the extended reach off of the right side outfeed table. I called them, knowing that they are a "for sale item" as additional accessories. I got to talking to the rep, and by the time we were done, he was sending me what I needed au-gratis. Way to go Incra. They make great stuff, and from what I see have a great bunch of people working for them.

Narayan Nayar
06-21-2007, 1:39 AM
They truly are fantastic, and the industry as a whole could learn a lot from companies like Incra and Lee Valley and Lie Nielsen.

On several occasions Incra has just sent me parts I've needed--a new steel rule for the TS-LS, a couple of springs I lost during the install of the rail glides, and if almost every time I've been to their booth at the Woodworking show, Mark is taking things out of his spare parts box to give to customers saying that this, that, or the other has worn out or could work better.

I'd say it's better than having your cake and eating it. It's having your cake, eating it, and knowing that there's someone who's more than happy to give you more cake. :)

Narayan Nayar
06-21-2007, 1:43 AM
Bob, just wanted to add--it's great to see you over here. I've learned a lot from your--what--14K+ posts on another woodworking forum. I swear I've read them all :)

Welcome to SMC!!

Mike Cutler
06-21-2007, 5:02 AM
Gotta agree. Incra has some nice products,and good people working for them.
I'm not sure I could get by without their steel marking rules.

Steve Hayes
06-21-2007, 9:04 AM
They stand behind what they sell and their customer service is the best in the industry.

Scott Brihn
06-21-2007, 9:32 AM
Steve,

I have had a similar experience with Incra. In my case they sent me a new miter bar for my Incra 5000 sled after I stripped one of the tiny adjustment screws.

Peter Kuhlman
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I have found that emails don't work - at least for me. But - every single time that I call Incra directly, I get incredible customer service. Just a heads-up for any who don't know--- If you need any small Incra items like mounting bolts, sliding nuts, etc - do not order from Woodpeckers, go to Incra directly. It is so much cheaper and often, they will just give it to you. I needed some slider nuts to add on an extension table to the back of my TS-III and Incra just sent them to me. Wow. Also, larger Incra items like longer table saw rails are again far lower cost directly from Incra and they don't hammer you on shipping. Not a slam on Woodpeckers as they are great people but on small items and parts, they just can not compete.
Pete

Bob Feeser
06-24-2007, 2:48 PM
Bob, just wanted to add--it's great to see you over here. I've learned a lot from your--what--14K+ posts on another woodworking forum. I swear I've read them all :)

Welcome to SMC!!

It's funny when you mentioned the above, I googled the name and dug out the other forum, and being a wood working junkie, I joined that one too, using the name "The Other Bob Feeser" to eliminate any confusion. The one you are referring to uses R.Feeser as a user name, which ironically is what Amazon automatically assigned me as a user name for reviews. I am a top 500 Amazon reviewer, mostly about wood working tools. So when I posted at the other forum, the R.Feeser forum member welcomed me, and said, "Please do me a favor, and put a note in your profile, that you are the Bob Feeser, that writes all of the Amazon reviews. He gets inundated, with questions about a review that I wrote over at Amazon, and has to tell them, that it is another Bob Feeser, so I updated my profile.
PS: I love it here at SMC, all I have to do is figure out how to get back to the other parts of my life, pretty soon, eating will not be as important as wood working foruming. :)