PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Method

Jeff Royle
01-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I copied the design/method from an article by Eric Keil in FWW #149. I had never thought of using biscuits this way. I used ps red oak rather than the qs white oak he used & milled mine to 7/8 vs. his at 1".
My photo is not the best. I dumbed it down for transmission & it lost a bit. The corbels barely show up, but they're there.
For those who don't get FWW, the top dimensions are 28X54" & the legs are 2.25"X29".
I'm thinking I may try the buscuit approach again.

Jeff Royle
01-12-2004, 12:41 PM
I copied the design/method from an article by Eric Keil in FWW #149. I had never thought of using biscuits this way. I used ps red oak rather than the qs white oak he used & milled mine to 7/8 vs. his at 1".
My photo is not the best. I dumbed it down for transmission & it lost a bit. The corbels barely show up, but they're there.
For those who don't get FWW, the top dimensions are 28X54" & the legs are 2.25"X29".

Seems like I lost my attachment.

Jeff Royle
01-12-2004, 12:47 PM

Hopefully the pictyure made it this time.

Dick Parr
01-12-2004, 1:15 PM
Very Nice Jeff! I like the through mortis on the bottem rail/spreader. I can see the corbels.

Dave Richards
01-12-2004, 1:18 PM
Very nice work. I don't see any biscuits; or gravy for that matter. :D

Dean Baumgartner
01-12-2004, 1:35 PM
Really nice looking table.

Where are the biscuits?

Dean

Jason Tuinstra
01-12-2004, 3:40 PM
Jeff, that is a wonderful looking piece of furniture. Even with the lower rez picture, the quality still shines through. Great job. The finish looks great as well. Jason