PDA

View Full Version : Microfence Price Increase Pending 7/1/07

Doug Shepard
06-20-2007, 1:36 PM
Just in case anyone's been sitting on the fence (no pun intended) about buying anything from Microfence, I got an email today I though I'd pass along.

Subject:Micro Fence Price Increase July 1, 2007
Date:Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:02:57 PM
We've held our current price levels since 2004, but due to increases in the costs of metals, plastics, and fuel surcharges, Micro Fence will be raising prices as of July 1, 2007.
Many of our accessories will also be included in the increase, so if you’ve been thinking about expanding your Micro Fence system, it may be an advantageous time to do it!
Take advantage of today's prices while they are still available!
There are three easy ways to place your order:
Call us at 1-800-840-6427
Send an email to Microfence@microfence.com
Fax us at 1-818-683-0374
Make sure to include a phone number on all correspondence or your order will not be filled.
Visit www.microfence.com for more news and show information. All-in-One Clamps Now in Stock!
Micro Fence
12970 Branford St., Unit M
Arleta, CA 91331
(818) 683.0330 Office
(818) 683.0374 Fax
1(800) 480.6427 To Order
www.microfence.com

Jim Becker
06-20-2007, 2:23 PM
Thanks for the tip, Doug...I've been meaning to order an adapter for my Festool router(s) for some time now. 'Guess it should be soon!

Chris Rosenberger
06-20-2007, 4:26 PM
Thanks Doug.:rolleyes:
You must have caused a mad rush to Micro Fence because there web site is now down.:(

Jamie Buxton
06-20-2007, 6:17 PM
Yikes. So that $529 plunge base for a router is going to become even more expensive? (And that doesn't include the router itself!)

As the joke's punch line goes... "Yeah, but at that price, I only need to find one customer"...:(

Doug Shepard
06-20-2007, 6:34 PM
Dang. I had no intention of actually buying anything else when I posted this. But I just visited their site and see they have some new accesories that look pretty good. The Stop-Clamp kit looks like a nice add-on for the edge-guide. Been using Quik-Grip clamps to accomplish the same thing but they're sometimes in the way. And the Off-Fence Mortising Kit is another new one that looks like it would be nice to have. That's a tougher one though. There's a Woodrat still in the box waiting for me to finish up some other projects. Not sure if I'd still need to use the MF occasionally for mortising with the Rat around. Hmmm. I have 10 days to think about this.

Brad Townsend
06-20-2007, 8:26 PM
Yeah, like I could afford any of it, even at the old prices.:rolleyes:

Brian Gumpper
06-21-2007, 9:54 AM
Thanks for the tip, Doug...I've been meaning to order an adapter for my Festool router(s) for some time now. 'Guess it should be soon!

Jim,

What do they make for Festool routers?

Ed Falis
06-21-2007, 3:36 PM
...There's a Woodrat still in the box waiting for me to finish up some other projects. Not sure if I'd still need to use the MF occasionally for mortising with the Rat around. Hmmm. I have 10 days to think about this.

Probably wouldn't need it unless you're morticing big stuff that's tough to attach firmly to the rat carriage with the mortice rail.

- Ed