PDA

View Full Version : Nash Logo?

Allan Wright
06-20-2007, 12:35 AM
This is a way-out-there request, but does anyone have a Corel file of the Nash motor company logo? I need to do some awards for the local Nash club. Here's a JPEG I have. I'm just hoping to not have to re-draw it myself as I'm still somewhat a babe in the woods in Corel.

Mike Null
06-20-2007, 7:11 AM
Allan

Here's a 5 minute effort.

Darryl Hazen
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Here's another file. Saved in Corel 10.

Dennis Perry
06-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Allen, try this link www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1787&alph=all&dec=ALL (http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1787&alph=all&dec=ALL)

Dennis

Allan Wright
06-20-2007, 1:29 PM
WOW!

Thanks everyone!

I'll post a photo of the final product.

Brian Robison
06-20-2007, 4:12 PM
Hey Allen, try this link www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1787&alph=all&dec=ALL (http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1787&alph=all&dec=ALL)

Dennis

SUPER LINK!!!!!

Allan Wright
06-21-2007, 1:36 AM
With everyone's help I was able to do 3 of the 6 awards I needed to do. The logos you guys provided were great.

One question. When engraving glass I've noticed a considerable improvement when engraving through wet newspaper, but I'm having trouble keeping the paper wet. If I don't use the exhaust fan, I get steam/smoke in the machine, if I do use the exhaust, even pulsing it by hand to keep airflow to the minimum necessary to keep the laser clear of exhaust, the paper dries out well before the job is done and becomes worthless.

I settled on removing the paper and re-wetting it between lines of text on the award, but this required pausing the engraver, re-wetting, and re-positioning the paper, sometimes also it is necessary to replace it all together. Very time consuming.

What do the rest of you do? I really want to use the wet paper. The frosting of the glass is very much improved with the wet paper.

P.S. even with this small hiccup the awards came out great!

Frank Corker
06-21-2007, 6:36 AM
Allan, if you use washing up liquid undiluted on top of the wet newspaper just before you are ready to go it will keep the paper wet longer.

Allan Wright
06-21-2007, 7:20 AM
Allan, if you use washing up liquid undiluted on top of the wet newspaper just before you are ready to go it will keep the paper wet longer.

Thanks Frank, I'll give that a try. Liquid dish washing soap like Joy/Dawn?

Bill Cunningham
06-21-2007, 11:57 PM
If you just use a coating (smear) of any cheap dishwashing liquid, you won't even need the paper.. I find that the liquid soap, even when dried on the job provides a dampening effect on the glass micro fractures, and improves the overall look of the engraving.. Even on really thin glass

Frank Corker
06-22-2007, 2:51 AM
Yes the cheap stuff, but unlike Bill, I prefer to use the wet paper too.

Allan Wright
07-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Just a little thank you to those that helped. This was my first paid glass engraving job (engraving isn't my primary business) and I learned a lot, thanks to all your help.

In the end, the customer was extremely happy.

Now if I can only figure out how to properly photograph glass. The graphics on the tall award look much better than the photo shows.

(The show was a Nash car show - that's why National is spelled Nashional)

Mike Null
07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Allan

Really good quality work!

Roy Brewer
07-02-2007, 10:19 PM
In the end, the customer was extremely happy.Allan,
Wow, what a way to start!
Can't wait to see some of your future work.