PDA

View Full Version : Best Air Matress?

Russ Filtz
06-19-2007, 8:21 AM
I've gone through several air matresses and they all end up leaking rather badly after a few uses (like you're touching the ground before morning!). I've tried the Coleman and Swiss made from wally world. Any better, tougher ones out there?

skip coyne
06-19-2007, 8:39 AM
Im assuming your sleeping on it , thermarest , get a great nights sleep

mines about 15 years old

http://www.thermarest.com/

Jim Becker
06-19-2007, 9:06 AM
I was going to say Select Comfort SleepNumber...but then I realized you were talking about camping... LOL! :D 'Can't help you there. I only camp out with my mistress Marri Ott.

Jamie Buxton
06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I've been hiking and camping on a Thermarest mattress for fifteen years or so. It hasn't broken yet.

David G Baker
06-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Russ,
Don't know the brand name, when I was in a camping mode years ago there was a mattress on the market that filled by its self when you opened a valve. The exterior of the mattress had a tough surface and held up well. When I was in the Army the issued air mattress held up very well in most situations. The thing I didn't like about the standard air mattress is they transfer cold through them when camping in cold country, this was before the existence of high density foam ground pads.
Check out your local military surplus store.

David Epperson
06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Seems most of the so called self inflating camp mattresses are much too bulky for extended pack carry. Even "deflated". I'd like to know of one that was a happy mix between durable and light weight too.

Russ Filtz
06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I'll check them out!

Fred Voorhees
06-19-2007, 12:43 PM
My wife and I have had pretty good luck with the AeroBed. We started with the full size and ended up also purchasing the single size for when just one of us goes somewhere.