PDA

View Full Version : Hey Woodturners...

Stewart Crick
01-12-2004, 7:46 AM
I'm trying to identify any, and all woodturner suppliers and venders. I know all the general woodworking folks (.i.e: amazon.com, tool crib, Woodcraft etc) looking for the turner specific companies here. Thanks!

Stu

Julie Wright
01-12-2004, 5:26 PM
www.packardwoodworks.com
Good Company, Fast delivery

Roger Fitzsimonds
01-12-2004, 6:08 PM
www.woodturners.com
www.woodchuckers.com
www.cuttingedgetools.com/
www.woodworkingshop.com/
http://www.leevalley.com/

Here are a few.

Good luck
Roger

Stewart Crick
01-13-2004, 7:56 AM
Thanks Julie and Roger! Several good sites I hadn't found!

Stu

Don Farr
01-13-2004, 8:52 AM
Stewart, I recently placed an order to Craft Supplies USA and I am not happy with the delivery. :mad: In this day and time waiting over a week before something ships shouldn't happen.
I run a small business and ship orders the same day all the time.
Maybe it was a one time mistake but I thought I would let you know.

Jim Becker
01-13-2004, 9:00 AM
I recently placed an order to Craft Supplies USA and I am not happy with the delivery. In this day and time waiting over a week before something ships shouldn't happen.

This is also my personal experience with this vendor and is often reported by others. I rarely buy from them anymore...Bruce Packard is much nicer to do business with and you get personal attention when you need it.

Don Farr
01-13-2004, 9:28 AM
This is also my personal experience with this vendor and is often reported by others. I rarely buy from them anymore...Bruce Packard is much nicer to do business with and you get personal attention when you need it.

Thanks for the input Jim, Now I know it was not an isolated incident.

Bob Oswin
01-13-2004, 6:53 PM
I'm trying to identify any, and all woodturner suppliers and venders. I know all the general woodworking folks (.i.e: amazon.com, tool crib, Woodcraft etc) looking for the turner specific companies here. Thanks!

Stu
Before you buy anything that may require replacement parts in the short term enquire about the stocking policy of the store you are going to purchase from.
I had a shocking revelation just before X-mas with a well known supplier.
Not only did they refuse me parts service but they defended their position by accusing me of possibly buying parts to circumvent copyright.
I ended up having to call the manufacturer who shipped me immediatley.
I corresponded with the CEO of the company who reinforced the information already at my disposal.
They feel that they should be the ultimate deciders as to what they stock.

I just needed to know that before I made any major purchases.

Bob