PDA

View Full Version : More pens

Michael Graning
06-18-2007, 5:51 PM
Here are some I turned in the last couple of weeks. The first picture is of a perfect fit pen and pencil set. The second is an Atlas with brass filings from a key machine as a filler. And the third is a cigar out of a corn cob. All comments are welcome.

Marc Martindale
06-18-2007, 6:08 PM
All nice pens/pencil Michael, neat way to accent the Atlas!

Bernie Weishapl
06-18-2007, 6:43 PM
Those are great Michael. I really like the pen and pencil set. Nice job.

Phillip H Smith
06-18-2007, 7:28 PM
Michael...

Nice work!

Can you share how you did the Atlas with brass fill? I'd be interested in learning you did the spiral and more about the brass filling technique.

Michael Graning
06-19-2007, 8:25 AM
Phillip, the atlas was done on my Legacy Mill machine. To put the filings in I just filled the line with the shavings and put thin CA on top and let it wick into the shavings and hit it with a shot of accelerator. After you go all the way around hit it with some 180 grit paper to take the ruff edges off and finish turning. I might add to leave the pen proud of the busings before you put the spiral in and fill, don't ask how I know this but it will save you a blank. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Mike

Steve Schlumpf
06-19-2007, 8:42 AM
Very nice work Michael! Each piece is unique really shows your attention to detail! While I like them all - I find the matching pen/pencil set most attractive!

Patrick Lane
06-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I really like that atlas!

Ernie Nyvall
06-19-2007, 6:33 PM
Cool pens Michael. Nice work.