PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
01-12-2004, 1:09 AM
Well, another weekend has come and gone.

I KNOW Terry Hatfield got some shop time in this weekend. I got a pretty good bit of shop time this weekend as well and will be setting up son #2's chest-of-drawers in his room tomorrow night..!!!! YEA!!!!!!

Finally, after 12 months of work in the shop I get to work on turning again and tinker with making a couple of adhirondac chairs with a fellow from work. My next project will be making a desk for my daughter. THEN it will be on to making an EC for LOML. I gotta start those kitchen chairs one of these days.....or I will be in BIG trouble.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of Weeks......

Kurt Aebi
01-12-2004, 7:15 AM
Average temperature -4° and a high of +5° - Stayed in the house. My furnace in my uninsulated, drafty shop wouldn't allow me enough warmth to work safely. Took the w/e off and watched some very good football games.

Temperatures are expected to climb up into the 20's during the week - maybe I can get back to making the end tables to match the TV stand I've already completed.

Y'all have a great week.

Kurt

John Preston
01-12-2004, 8:35 AM
13.5 hrs OT this weekend.

I've either got money or time, but never both.

But I did get my leaves raked!

Mike Evertsen
01-12-2004, 8:47 AM
I didn't see weekend doin's was put in the O.T. last friday until last night,,,,,
I put a surround sound in the shop,,,, built in the TV to keep it from geetting full of dust,,,,
why surround sound???? I ran a cable out there from directtv so I can listen to music but the TV sound is bad,,,,,so I bought the surround sound from E-Bay a cheap system had to hook it up to a vcr but I'm going to put in a DVD player instead of the VCR so I can play CD's,,,,,

I also drew up plans for the workbench,,,,,,,

it was a good weekend Fayre made a couple mistakes and the Packers lose,,,,,,,,

Tyler Howell
01-12-2004, 2:25 PM
The second bay window was installed and sealed up. Long day, learn as you go with a house that is over 100 years old. Not a square corner or plumb wall in sight. (had to raise sagging timbers 4 inches on one side of the kitchen when I was reframing it.)
Patched my hardwood maple floors too. Had to weave in a patch so the joints wouldn’t show. Wow! That is some tough work. My knees will never be the same.

Have a good week.

Tyler

PS the Bay window was installed in my home office taking me off line for a few days. I actually missed this crowd. Many a break, I’d run in hoping to wade in the creek a little but there was no getting wet.

Scott Coffelt
01-12-2004, 4:20 PM
Continued with the building of a side table. It will be out of Black Painted Oak (Base), Purple Heart (Top supports) and Birdseye Maple (Top). Its a floating table design. I got all the pieces for the base cust out, partially routed, M&T's, and sanded. I cut out the supports and now just have to get the top glued up and milled. If I can get an few hours in this week during evenings I hope to have it dry-fit and ready for final assembly.

Went wood shopping, see my post on KC area deal.

Watched the KC defense look like they were #32 defense again and manning look like the MVP.

Cleaned out a storage closet and got a load of about thirty stereo and misc boxes ready for the trash. I have saved every electronic box over the years in case, that case has never come up so its time to "Clean Sweep" the storage area.

Jim Becker
01-12-2004, 10:13 PM
The only shop time I had was to finish cleaning out the DC filters from accidentally waiting too long to empty the bin somewhere along the line...which I can say really makes a difference in air flow! Sheesh...

The weekend was very cold here...buurrr!!

Saturday, I met Ken Robb out near Harrisburg to deliver my Jet bandsaw into his hands. We had a great chat over lunch and it was once again nice to meet a fellow woodworker in person. After Ken got on his way back home to the Johnstown area, I headed down to Noah's for a visit and had a nice chat. (As I mentioned in another thread, his patio really turned out great!)

Sunday meant attending the Somerset NJ show with a little ad-hock shopping culminating in bringing my new Mini Max MM-16 bandsaw home. The only "down" for the day was the nearly two hour wait for the convention center "staff" to bring the boxes, et al, to the booth so we could have everything that came with the saw. Next weekend I'll get to fire it up after completing the cleaning and electrical hookup.

John Miliunas
01-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Finally threw together a fence for my router table (slight variation on Bill Hylton's design). Took care of a couple small "honey-do's", watched the Pack play their final game of the season and had a visit from a friend bearing gifts; He had a new furnace installed at his home last year, which took different size filters than what he had already purchased. They just happened to be the same size I built my air filter for a couple years ago and he brought them over for me to "use up". Some high-quality 3-M units, no less! Also got my TS outfeed table assembled and in place. I recycled what used to be a folding table in the laundry area, but LOML didn't need it anymore, as I installed a bunch of cabinets with counters in there. 32"x53" table! Sweet! Have a great week, all! :cool:

Ken Salisbury
01-14-2004, 9:10 AM
What can I say - not much of an achievement but then again that is why the call me "bedspread" - I get turned down every night :mad:

John Miliunas
01-14-2004, 9:18 AM
What can I say - not much of an achievement but then again that is why the call me "bedspread" - I get turned down every night :mad:

Hey Ken, that's pretty good! Thanks...I *needed* that this morning! :cool: