PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Father's Day?

Jack Hogoboom
06-18-2007, 2:59 PM
I received one of the new PC mini-belt sanders courtesy of Rockler (complete with the $25 gift card). Didn't bother me a wit that I had to point it out to my wife.

What did everyone else get?

Bruce Benjamin
06-18-2007, 3:04 PM
I got a lump of coal.:( But I also got hugs and kisses from my two wonderful kids, ages 8 and 11. Oh, I also got a great dinner at my parents' house. The hugs and kisses were the best part. :) They said they were going to wash my Suburban...Maybe they'll do that today? :rolleyes:

Bruce

Rob Bodenschatz
06-18-2007, 3:13 PM
I got tickets for a tour of Citizen's Bank Park, where the Phillies play. We're going next weekend and I can't wait. :D

In addition, I spent the whole day in the shop just puttering around. Can't beat that.

Kyle Kraft
06-18-2007, 3:14 PM
I got a day with no kids fighting, peace and tranquility. I got a cookout with my families, a rhubarb pie, death by chocolate, a $15 Lowes gift card, a 'Nards gift card, a kick-butt UHMW snow shovel, a fire poker.

My favorite gift from the above list was the peace in the household.

Jim Becker
06-18-2007, 3:16 PM
The "privilege" of helping the older find her glasses...in her room and it took hours; Barbie clothes are good camouflage...as well as some cards and kisses. 'Spent most of the day with the girls.

Al Killian
06-18-2007, 4:27 PM
Wife and kids bought me a CMT dovetail jig. Sorry no pics, the camera's charger died. It came with a collar and bit to use in the router, but the opening in the base of mine is to big.:( Do you think I could use a bit with a bearing guide instead of the collar?

As far as project go, I started makeing a new railing for the resturaunts front porch. It has a old rusty metal pipe that is currently standing. The new one will be pine. Still working on moveing all the dirt out front to make more parking space.

Larry Fox
06-18-2007, 4:38 PM
7 uninterupted hours with my sons and dinner with my mom and dad (and sons). Wife got 7 uninterupted hours without me and my sons. :)

Joe Unni
06-18-2007, 4:39 PM
Toast and coffee from my 6 year old and a gift certificate to a local cigar shop.

-joe

Narayan Nayar
06-18-2007, 5:08 PM
I got a day in the shop, which is all I asked for.

Mitchell Andrus
06-18-2007, 5:42 PM
My wife got the house painted - on her credit card.

I didn't touch a ladder.

Randy Klein
06-18-2007, 6:08 PM
I got a pair of Rockler Pipe Clamps, EZ clutch, and some pipes (galvanized kind). Although the EZ clutches are going back, they make the clamps slip on the pipes. I know the whole argument about galvanized vs black and slipping, but w/o those EZ clutches on, there was no slipping.

Craig D Peltier
06-18-2007, 6:22 PM
I got a card from my dog.:D
Then I let him rip up the envelope.

Brian Knodel
06-18-2007, 6:49 PM
A day late but who’s counting.

A hand made dovetail saw fabricated by a fellow Canadian. A tool I’m especially proud to own.

Brian

Steve Campbell
06-18-2007, 7:12 PM
I got the privilege of a day out in the boat with one of my daughters. It just don't get any better than that.

Steve

Nathan Yeager
06-18-2007, 7:13 PM
My 1 year old daughter Callie surprised me with a Grizzly GO586 jointer. I wonder how she knew...

She followed that up with tickets to the Astros game that night. (Astros won 10-3 with a Mike Lamb grand slam).

All-in-all, a pretty good day!

Eugene A. Manzo III
06-18-2007, 7:14 PM
I'm so lucky I got another year to say Happy Fathers Day to My Dad. My
Beautiful Daughter Moved part of my Fathers Day to Thurs 14th because she was going to be away for the Weekend. Lovely words and Gifts from her and my Grandson (which by the way she left with us for 4 days ;) ).
My Son called me on Sun and I recieved a card from him and my Daughter In-Law. My Wife also Washed My Vehicle with my Grandson. I wouldnt trade any of it for a new tool ........ unless maybe, Naw, I really wouldnt

Bruce Page
06-18-2007, 7:25 PM
I just polished it off – a quart of Rocky Road ice cream from 31 Flavors. Yummy!

Joe Mioux
06-18-2007, 7:32 PM
An extra large Snickers bar from kid 3, and a great school-made Father's day card from kid 4 (age 6 or 7). The highlight of that card was that she said I could lift 90lbs (hmm?) and was 9' 2" tall! Their were other "interesting" comments on the card, but these two stick out. I loved it!

Joe

Ken Fitzgerald
06-18-2007, 7:46 PM
I was on standby and couldnt' leave the area so....my granddaughter's formal wedding happened on Saturday and the LOML drove 300+ miles to attend and didn't return until Sunday afternoon. So Sunday...I got paged for a down x-ray room....was able to put them off until Monday.....I spent the rest of the day vegetating....by myself.....until the LOML returned home and baked me a "from scratch" pecan pie....Both of my sons called me and wished me a Happy Father's Day and the oldest son dropped by for a visit in the evening.....

Matt Lentzner
06-18-2007, 7:54 PM
I got a day in the shop, which is all I asked for.

That's all I wanted...

But I did get a EZ Smart Freedom Package. LOML is sort of a push-over if I ask enough times. :D Not bad considering...:cool:

Blaise Burry
06-18-2007, 8:28 PM
A complete set of Rocky and Bullwinkle videos.

Rick Gibson
06-18-2007, 8:35 PM
I went over to see my father and afterwards the wife took me out to supper on my credit card. This Sat. I get to take her out for her 60th still on my credit card.

glenn bradley
06-18-2007, 8:54 PM
All three kids drove out on the same day (a rare occurance). Lotsa good company and good food. LOML slipped me the 12ga., 40' retractable triple head extension cord I wanted so I can pull out some of the previous owners electrical "work".

Gift cards from others who know that gift cards are NOT a cheesy gift at all in my world.

Bruce Benjamin
06-18-2007, 8:57 PM
I got the privilege of a day out in the boat with one of my daughters. It just don't get any better than that.

Steve

Lucky man. But I do think it might have been better if she had also paid for the gas for the boat. ;) :rolleyes: :D I love spending time with my kids too. Even if it's just sitting around and talking about whatever. Camping, boating, just watching a movie, it's all golden time.:cool:

Bruce

Scott Thornton
06-18-2007, 9:09 PM
Spent over half the day travelling back from CA (Napa Valley) where I had been with some clients. I arrived home to a "Welcome Home" sign in the yard and a new Weber grill, pretty excited.

Thomas Prondzinski
06-18-2007, 9:52 PM
My son is taking me to see Roger Waters in concert (Pink Floyd) on June 30 at Excel in St.Paul, new plaid slip on shoes,shirts,shorts. Happy fathers day greetings. Went to see my dad also.

Tom

Jack Roest
06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
My son took me to my first Nascar race in Michigan. We got there shortly after 8:00 Am and walked around visiting all the souviener stands. The race was great as his driver won ( I'm a Jeff Gordon fan.) Man it was hot in the stands as we has super seats on row 56 in section 162. I got back home in time to see it again on TV. Had a great day. Jack

Dave Morris
06-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Replaced a busted water heater.:( The weekend started out nice, made a trip to the nearest Woodcraft store Saturday morning to pick up some DC fittings, hose, a mobile base for my TS, and a few other odds and ends for the shop, then shopped around the "big city" for a bit getting other stuff for home. So far, so good. Got home, took the fittings into the shop/garage anticipating some shop time for the rest of the weekend, and find water all over the floor.:mad:

Spent the rest of Saturday shopping for a new water heater, removing the old one, and cleaning up water damage. Spent Sunday framing up some additional support for the new (larger) water heater, and the installation of said unit, along with all the usual (or not-so-usual) headaches that go with coping with unsuspected code violations in the original installation and bringing them up to code. You gotta love a frigging public servant that signs off on bad stuff and yet has no culpability! :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! (yeah, I'm pissed, and very cynical when it comes to our County Planning and Inspection department)

Got it all done nice and neat (and to code) and no leaks. Celebrated Father's Day at 9 PM Sunday night by taking a hot shower.:D

Now I gotta re-arrange the shop and get everything back into place and cleaned up. However, after an 11 hour work day today, I think it can wait a night. (insert "dog-tired" smiley here)

Oh, yeah... I did get a couple very nice cards from my young daughters, their utmost admiration, and their continued belief that Daddy is *The Man* and can fix anything. That's worth all the gold in the world. ;)

A belated Happy Father's Day to everybody here at The Creek!

Corey Hallagan
06-18-2007, 11:57 PM
A shirt :) and an Rockler Exclusive Incra Universal Positioning Jig with Fence, stop block and right angle fixture :) Arrived today :) Viewing the DVD for the second time now. Should be cool for my box making. My son also smoked some pork and baby backs....hmmmmmm

Corey

John Revilla
06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
It was a special Father's day......tool-wise. Wife gave me a Jet Mini Lathe, Jet stand, Oneway chuck, 14 turning tools, face mask, Ninja wheels for the Jooltool, pen blanks and hardware, and 3 turning books. As if these were not enough, the crowning piece was a Lie-Nielsen #4 in bronze and sock plus 2 Sharpton waterstones. I wonder what will be the repercussion. It's gonna be her birthday in 3 weeks. Godspeed.

Zahid Naqvi
06-19-2007, 12:51 AM
The best one can hope for, a hand drawn card from all three of my boys with lots of interesting comments my favorite: "he weighs 140 pounds" :D :D :D .

Larry Fox
06-19-2007, 9:28 AM
My son is taking me to see Roger Waters in concert (Pink Floyd) on June 30 at Excel in St.Paul

Now THAT is a father's day present. Well done Thomas, well done.

Joe Lenox
06-19-2007, 2:42 PM
My daughter had us and all the kids and grandkids over for brunch..it was great. Then I got a big surprise from my kids and my wife..A new 4 burner Jenn- Air s/s Grill.....this thing is huge!!! All in all a great day!

Michael Gibbons
06-19-2007, 3:22 PM
A nice time and a shirt, and both were too big !!:D

George Summers
06-19-2007, 4:37 PM
A Wixey angle Gauge,fifteen flog balls (golf spelled backwards - but describes my game) (I wonder how long it will be before I lose all fifteen), and lots of hugs and kisses from grandkids.

George

George Summers
06-19-2007, 4:43 PM
I was on standby and couldnt' leave the area so.......I got paged for a down x-ray room....was able to put them off until Monday......

Which Radiology company? I've got a good friend that covers the SE for Seimens.

George

Chuck Wintle
06-19-2007, 4:47 PM
I got a new Bosch SCMS :D although I did have to pay for it. :p Seems to be a nice saw that is quite accurate right out of the box.

Richard Niemiec
06-19-2007, 5:14 PM
Not having any children, I'm not officially part of fathers day in the sense of being celebrated or getting gifts, but I did spend part of the day reflecting on how much I miss mine over the last 15 years since he's been gone. He was never much of a woodworker, although he tried often enough, and I'm really sorry he never got to see some of my better work. But I still keep his electric blue "Stanley Handyman" #4 plane in my user rack, with a sharp blade. I miss him, he was one hell of a guy. RN

Quesne Ouaques
06-19-2007, 8:46 PM
Lots of love and affection from my wonderful wife and two kids....dinner with the whole extended family.....a chance to wish my greatest-dad-in-the-world a happy father's day...

And oh yeah, by the way, a Delta 50-760 DC system!

Joseph Cascio
06-19-2007, 9:49 PM
I was give Taladaga Nights with Will Ferrel... Damn funny movie.. J

Bruce Benjamin
06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
A nice time and a shirt, and both were too big !!:D

Ouch! But at least you can return the shirt! :D I hope she doesn't read your posts.:eek: Too funny!

Bruce

Greg Narozniak
06-20-2007, 3:34 PM
Got to go Fishing with my Son, first time for him and at 4 yrs he did very well, I had not thrown a cast in years it was fun to be back out. 9 month old just wanted to play in the water but SWMBO was having non of it. Not that I blame her :)

Had a nice Porterhouse steak for dinner at home and got a Woodcraft Slow speed grinder, a nice Wustof Sharpener for the kitchen knives and a Wine and food pairing Cookbook.

Very nice day!

Ed Lang
06-20-2007, 3:53 PM
I left Friday at 06:00 and drove to Charlston, SC and spent the weekend with the Boy Scout Troop my youngest son is in. Then Sunday we drove back home. Now Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night was spent onboard the USS Yorktown! What a boat. Had a blast and lots of fun. I had boys I didn't even know from all over the East wishing me happy Fathers Day on Sunday. Tonight my oldest and his wife are cooking me dinner at their place so I get to relax again!

Great time.

Bill Wyko
06-20-2007, 3:55 PM
My daughter got me a gift certificate for WoodWorkers source and the LOML got me some camo shorts and a shirt. I got myself a solid oak work bench, a spindle sander and a JET sharpening system:D