PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid MS-UV Old AC9940 vs. New AC9944?

Dan Lautner
06-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Two days ago I bought my second Rigid MS-UV for $99 on father's day sale. Have not yet opened it when I saw on the Rigid website a new MS-UV. Looks like a simpler design. Has anyone used this new one or even have a price for it? I might return mine if the new model is better and not a lot more doe.

Dan

Ray Dockrey
06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
I believe the price is $170.00. I have no experience with the new one as I bought the older model (the one you have) and I love it.

Dan Lautner
06-18-2007, 4:00 AM
I also have the old one and like it a lot. I have a 10" scms permanently attached and use it all the time. I just picked up a 12" portable planer and am looking to mount it as well. I think I will keep it in the box until I can see the new model then make a decision.

Dan

James Reichman
06-18-2007, 9:05 AM
Dan, I picked up a MS-UV from HD about 4 months ago for $99. I think I have the new model. It is a pleasure to work with it takes about 1 minute to unfold and set up. The pistons under the table make extending the the table to the up or down(folded) position very easy.
A nice peice to work with in the shop or on an installation.

Brian Weick
06-18-2007, 9:35 AM
I looked at the new model and I like the design however , I don't care for the clamping system for the saw- you are limited to what you can put on the stand. I have the dual compound ridged miter saw, 13" planner, and ridged radial arm saw on all of these stands - bolted on the stand - I prefer the older stands over the new , just because of the limited options as far as mounting machinery to it.

glenn bradley
06-18-2007, 2:32 PM
The new model looks trick but I could see some mounting limitations. I'll be interested to hear if it will stand up in the folded position with a substantial tool mounted to it. Those little legs look a bit too close but that's just looking at the pic. If someone has one, please comment.

Brian Weick
06-18-2007, 3:01 PM
Glen,
That was another thought I had. I suppose it is a little less cumbersome but again you are limited to what you can mount on top. If it was just for Miter saws- then fine, but I just thought the new model was lacking in bulk and stability not to mention the limitation on the equipment you would like to make mobile.
Brian