PDA

View Full Version : More Pens

Paul Heely
06-17-2007, 8:29 PM
Some pictures of the last couple days endeavors.

Left to right:
Slimline - BOW
Slimline - Cocobolo
Cigar - Purpleheart
Cigar - Ebony

The slimline cocobolo pen is my first success with a CA finish. The others are all just buffed and waxed on my Beall wheels. The ebony cigar looks to be my first success with an ebony pen. All previous attempts have started to split within 48 hours. So far so good with this one....

Thanks for looking.

--
Paul

Patrick Taylor
06-17-2007, 8:36 PM
Thanks for sharing and great work! I'm on a pen kick so I appreciate it.

Bernie Weishapl
06-17-2007, 9:24 PM
Paul those are great looking pens. I to have started a pen kick. Thanks for sharing.

Jeffrey Fusaro
06-17-2007, 9:33 PM
nice collection, paul.

elegant designs with nice wood selections.

well done.

Steve Schlumpf
06-17-2007, 9:52 PM
Haven't gotten bitten with the pen bug yet but can sure appreciate quality workmanship! All four of your pens look great!

Montgomery Scott
06-18-2007, 3:16 PM
Consider switching from ebony to African blackwood. It is a very stable wood and is much more attractive with wonderful chatoyance and is considered to be one of the best turnery woods in the world.

Nancy Laird
06-18-2007, 3:21 PM
The cocobolo and the purpleheart are my favorites, but they all look great. 4****.

Nancy

Ernie Nyvall
06-18-2007, 7:27 PM
Nice job on the pens Paul. Yea that ebony has a tendancy to crack. I had one crack six months later. As Montgomery said, try the blackwood.

Paul Heely
06-18-2007, 9:23 PM
I had heard about the blackwood before, its on my list of woods to try soon. I already have a bunch of the ebony blanks and can't think of anything else to do with them so I keep trying with those.

--
Paul