PDA

View Full Version : Texas Turner Get Together with Ken Fitzgerald

Mike Fitzgerald
06-17-2007, 4:57 PM
Hello everyone. I am Mike Fitzgerald - Ken Fitzgerald's youngest son who lives south of Houston. Ken will be visiting me this coming weekend (6/23-6/27). I figured since there are a few Creekers in the area it would be a good opportunity to have a get together so my father can have a chance to meet other members here.

I would like to extend an invititation to you if you would like to enjoy a cookout and good conversation. The cookout will be this coming Sunday, JUN 24th at 1 pm at my place in Pearland. If you are interested in coming, please RSVP by Thursday. I need to get a head count so I will be able to have enough food and drink for everyone.

You can e-mail or PM me if you can make it. My e-mail is:

mike-fitz@earthlink.net

I'll give directions once you confirm you will be able to attend.

Hope to see you there.

Mike Fitzgerald

John Shuk
06-17-2007, 7:26 PM
That is very generous of you Mike. But then look at who your father is. No surprise there. I hope all have a great time.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-17-2007, 7:30 PM
Thanks for the kind comments John!

Mike doesn't know it yet but we might be staying a little longer than planned. We are flying standby as our daughter works for an airlines. She just called.....we may have a tough time getting home on the scheduled departure date and may have to stay a little longer.......

I might just have to give Chris Hartley's Robust a little more thorough test.......:D

Bernie Weishapl
06-17-2007, 7:55 PM
Oh my, watch out Texas cause old Fitz is on the prowl.:rolleyes::cool:;) The state will never be the same. :eek::D

Chris you better hide beauty.:p:D

Frank Kobilsek
06-18-2007, 7:23 AM
Guys

Ken is not our moderator, he's our Roving Ambassador.

Ken is a good visitor. He stopped by my shop back in December. You Texas turners give Ken a good welcome.

Frank

Bobby Perry
06-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Ken I would love to meet you but I am going to have company that weekend myself. Daughter and grandkids will be here. I live on Bolivar (That sand bar) east of Galveston.

Karl Laustrup
06-18-2007, 7:51 PM
This is Karl.........in the Dells.............wishing Houston..............wasn't a two day drive.............. :( :(

One of these days Ken, one of these days. :)

Karl

Nancy Laird
06-18-2007, 8:05 PM
This is Nancy...in New Mexico...wishing that Ken was driving to Texas so he could stop in Albuquerque on the way. Have a great time, Ken and Sharon!!

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
06-18-2007, 8:07 PM
This is Ken in Idaho......looking down.....shaking his head ......wondering why all these people are looking down shaking their heads......thinking....I hope they don't get to shaking their heads in unison and synchronization....we could alter the tilt of the earth as it spins on it's axis.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
06-18-2007, 8:12 PM
I hope they don't get to shaking their heads in unison and synchronization....we could alter the tilt of the earth as it spins on it's axis.

Oh, please don't...it would cause another one of "those" very long threads in the off-topic forum...:o

And if I were going to be in Houston, I'd surely attend this shindig!

Steve Clardy
06-18-2007, 8:43 PM
This is Ken in Idaho......looking down.....shaking his head ......wondering why all these people are looking down shaking their heads......thinking....I hope they don't get to shaking their heads in unison and synchronization....we could alter the tilt of the earth as it spins on it's axis.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

:eek: :D :D :D

Dennis Peacock
06-19-2007, 1:37 AM
Dad-gummit.......Ken had better at least wave at me as he passes by my place. Plane, bus, or car, you will pass close enough to wave at me. Just tell me when so I can go outside and watch for ya. :rolleyes: ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2007, 9:59 AM
Dennis...Ken will wave but he won't yell or make any loud noises/commotion.......Security is tight on commercial airlines these days and I don't look good in ty-wrap bracelets!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Tom Sherman
06-19-2007, 2:00 PM
Dennis...Ken will wave but he won't yell or make any loud noises/commotion.......Security is tight on commercial airlines these days and I don't look good in ty-wrap bracelets!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

...sounds like the voice of experience...aren't the mod's supposed to set examples:D

Sounds like a great time have fun Ken and all.

Martin Shupe
06-19-2007, 2:31 PM
I am sorry I can't make it. Ken is one of those folks on my list of "SMCer's I'd like to meet in person and chat with". Perhaps next time.