PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on a JET JWBS-14CS bandsaw at Rockler..

Chris Kalkowski
06-17-2007, 2:37 PM
So I went to Rockler today and asked if they could come close to matching the price of a Jet JWBS-14CS and a Grizzly since they have similar features (1HP blah blah)

The worker there said no they can't and you get what you pay for. Quality control yada yada.

I went to buy some other items and asked why the store price is $549 and the online price is $499. The person at the register did what they should and investigated.

HERE COMES THE GOOD PART. He looked it up and said "Well we have a sale going on for the next few weeks and it is $439.

I said "see you would have missed a sale" and the guy said the sale just started on June 16. Well the sign still said $549.

The long and the short. I was about to buy a Grizzly G0555 - now I own a JET.

Chris Kalkowski
06-17-2007, 3:00 PM
Also I want to add. Reading about delivered merchandise, It is always better to buy local. It is said time and time again. I paid a few bucks more but not more than $50 or so. That made it worth it.

Morton Heller
06-17-2007, 4:35 PM
I just got a Jet 14" open stand model at Menards. It was there for $450, but I showed them the Jet website special at $400 and they let me have it for that price.

I wish that I had a Rockler nearby - the closest store is way off yonder. The 14" closed stand model has some obvious advantages over the OS.

I recently had to return a Delta BS to Lowes - it had been damaged in shipping to the store, and this was obvious when I got it out of the shipping box at home. What a pain having to drag the saw back to Lowes.

You got a great price for the 14" CS Jet.

Chris Kalkowski
06-18-2007, 1:26 PM
Ya I am glad I went. Hope someone else can save some money too.

Jason Beam
06-18-2007, 1:49 PM
I love my 14" Jet CS ... except for its dust collection. I'm a little ticked that 2 weeks after i bought mine, I saw the exact same model with a different lower casting that has a 4" DC port right in it behind the blade. Mine has that crappy nonstandard plastic port that doesn't work.

Is the one you got the newer model with the 4" dc port molded into the casting?

Chris Kalkowski
06-18-2007, 11:52 PM
It is the one with the cast - molded- port

Jason Beam
06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
good!

Now i can add you to my ever-growing list of people I am jealous of :P