PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! SWMBO fell into the vortex...

Brian Brown
06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
And she can't get out!!! She has had several projects for me to do for her, and I just never seem to get to them. So today when I parted off my latest effort, she said I want to turn. Now it's hopeless, I will probably never see my lathe again. Can the marriage be saved? Maybe we need a second lathe! Who else out there has his and hers lathes?

Brian

Nancy Laird
06-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Brian, you're not going to get much sympathy from this crowd. My hubby sure didn't.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=53739&highlight=rehab

Things have now progressed to the point that we are having "discussions" about whose turn it is to use the lathe, and he's had a piece on it for two weeks that he hasn't finished yet, and I CAN'T GET TO MY LATHE!!!!

Nancy

Jim Becker
06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Time to put in that order for a new Ro-stub-way!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Only a good dose of Mustard or Mayo may will save this marriage!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Bernie Weishapl
06-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Brian you may as well face the facts. You may as well get a PM, DVR or 1642 on order asap cause that is the only thing that will save the marriage. Just remember as the LOML tells me at times, I sure yours will tell you this soon if she already hasn't. What is yours is hers and what is hers is hers!:eek::rolleyes::cool:;)

Pat Salter
06-17-2007, 1:39 AM
we have a couple in our local club who have three lathes so that when the grandkids come over they each can work on one at the same time. And when the g-kids are gone....no fighting over the lathes :D

Jude Kingery
06-17-2007, 2:05 AM
Hey Brian,

Celebrate she likes it! My husband has long said, well, "you're not like other women," you like tools and things! Oh there probably are plenty of women who also enjoy "tools and things," but he made me laugh. (I sorta took over his re-loading bench with the little lathe.) Then we bought a big lathe. So there are two lathes now and we can pretty much do what we like individually if we feel like it. That said, he also has mentioned: man, we need a his and hers BARN or WAREHOUSE. Yep space. Now that, would be nice, but we'll make do with the shop we have for now. Enjoy, glad she shares your interest! Jude

George Van
06-17-2007, 8:09 AM
He stopped reloading!:eek:

Brian Myers
06-17-2007, 8:12 AM
Just buy a second lathe and think of it this way - She can`t yell at you for spending too much time in the shop if she is their too.:eek::D

Bill Turpin
06-17-2007, 8:31 AM
My shop is ugly and TOO dirty. So she had one built. She sweeps up after every turning. Got to love it. She has bought all my tools for me!

No, she doesn't have a sister.

Bill in WNC mountains

Christopher K. Hartley
06-17-2007, 5:39 PM
Only a good dose of Mustard or Mayo may will save this marriage!:eek: :rolleyes: :DBrian, please forgive Ken, he'll feel differently after this weekend. He will probably suggest the "Sweet 16" (Robust), The SWMBO would love it.:D :)

TYLER WOOD
06-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Only a second lathe will save this mariage. I don't envy your situation. You eitehr loose your lathe or your pocketbook!!! Choose you this day wisely, which one you save!

Keith Burns
06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Personally, I don't see where you have a problem, only an opportunity !

Paul Engle
06-18-2007, 2:22 PM
Film at 11:00 .....:D