PDA

View Full Version : My Pens and Cases

Frank Corker
06-16-2007, 9:49 AM
Well my pens and cases finally arrived from Poland. It took over a month to arrive and the poor lad's feet were worn out! Made from beech I'm so pleased with the result, so I thought I'd bore you with them. :D

Carol VanArnam
06-16-2007, 2:59 PM
Frank, very nice.... Why Poland? Does China know Poland is making pens and pen boxes? Do you like the quality of the product? I'm assuming the price was better than the China boxes/pens. What kind of wood is it? Does the company have any other items they sell?

I do like the look of your finished product..... two thumbs up

Mitchell Andrus
06-16-2007, 6:08 PM
Frank isn't on our side of the pond.

Frank Corker
06-16-2007, 6:10 PM
Thanks Carol. They are beech. Would you believe when I was searching for something around Europe this company were the only ones that responded and most certainly had the best quality. The guy was extremely helpful, do you remember the other post about customer satisfaction? Well this is why I went to this guy. The internal workings on the pencil are chinese but not too sure on the ballpens, however I didn't go looking on the China market for them, just availability. It was slow coming through but I'd go there again.

Karin Voorhis
06-18-2007, 9:38 AM
Frank as always great work. I love the results you have gotten from Beech. I am unable to do much play as it is summer and I am teaching Motorcycle saftey 7 days a week along with the day job. But Thanks for the new wood to try. Very nice.

Brian Robison
06-18-2007, 3:24 PM
Frank, have you done any with a color fill?
Looks good just the way it is.

Karen, I took a training course a few years back, great job on the classes.

Nancy Laird
06-18-2007, 3:35 PM
Frank, those are good-looking boxes. Are they available in the States at all?

Nancy

Frank Corker
06-18-2007, 6:28 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, makes a difference and certainly boosts the old confidence. I didn't use colour fill, although there are many materials that it is almost a necessity, on wood I think it looks adorable in the natural state.

Nancy, I'm sure there has to be quite a lot of suppliers in the States for wooden pens, I only got mine from Poland because for some unknown reason I couldn't find them in the UK. That said, there are one or two places that will make the orders to demand, but for what they are expecting for the pen alone, I can get the box and the pens! No wonder we can't export much here! In a country where the pound is so strong you would think that the internal suppliers would make their products to match the prices of other countries..... but no. Is it any wonder then that I had to go hunting to Poland to get mine.

:rolleyes:

Nancy Laird
06-18-2007, 7:56 PM
Nancy, I'm sure there has to be quite a lot of suppliers in the States for wooden pens, I only got mine from Poland because for some unknown reason I couldn't find them in the UK. That said, there are one or two places that will make the orders to demand, but for what they are expecting for the pen alone, I can get the box and the pens! No wonder we can't export much here! In a country where the pound is so strong you would think that the internal suppliers would make their products to match the prices of other countries..... but no. Is it any wonder then that I had to go hunting to Poland to get mine.

:rolleyes:

Frank, I'm not looking for the pens, since I make my own. But I really like those boxes and I've not seen ANY from any supplier in the States of one like it, particularly out of beech. Can you give me directions to a supplier?

Nancy

Dean Carpenter
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Frank, we're offloading a load of the wooden pen/box stuff and we're closer than Poland!

Delivery is next working day

I have some real nice stuff and rock-bottom prices. Let me know if you are interested.

Rosewood
Maple
Rosewood/Maple combinations

Dean

Nancy Laird
06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Dean, I can get rosewood and maple through several sources. However, I REALLY like the look and style of the beech that Frank posted in his OP. Can you get these at a decent price?? (under $5.00).

Nancy

Dean Carpenter
06-19-2007, 1:03 PM
sorry, no Beech at our place. But my friends Rob & Mike at Laserbits might have?

Originally we sold this stuff to stimulate the market in the UK. That was 12 years ago and now there are several established UK supply companies, many of which are machine customers of mine.

We stopped actively pushing the wooden stuff a few years back because we were treading on the toes of some customers and machine sales is our core business.

We have run out of space here (3,200sq.ft) and moving to 6,000sq.ft at the end of this year, so I'm getting rid of as much stock as I can, simply because I don't want the hassle of transporting it.

regards Dean

Sam Gardner
06-20-2007, 1:09 AM
Dean any chance of some pics of your samples?
Thanks

Frank Corker
06-20-2007, 8:44 AM
Dean I have sent you a PM

Dean Carpenter
06-20-2007, 1:39 PM
see attached an example of one of our maple/rosewood boxes. these products are the real thing (genuine maple, genuine bubinga - African rosewood), not that cheap immitation stuff that you can get sometimes.

Quantities are limited. many other designs availbale

Please let me know your email addres if you want more images/details.

Frank: did not get your PM. ??

Frank Corker
06-20-2007, 7:12 PM
Okay Dean, don't know why you never got the private message, but I have sent you an email via the site with my email address. If you don't get it can you send me a PM with yours?

Frank

Frank Corker
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Okay, two emails and two pm messages but no reply. No offence intended, but this is why I had to go to Poland to get my stuff!

Eugene han
06-24-2007, 1:16 PM
I have similar experience. However, I do not want to provide my sn which is also used in the software. I have never got any useful info. This dean claim he can solve any problems. His talk is too cheap since no info from him, only ask info to him. By the way, his doing say posting other peoples contact info and post some file which he has no copyright seem he care little about other people's privacy. I can not understand and trust him since he did not give any info after asking info from others.

Nolan Freebury
06-25-2007, 2:03 PM
Hi Dean, any chance you could let me have the prices for your pens.
I'm looking to place an order ASAP.

cheers Nolan