PDA

View Full Version : Any computer experts

Bobby McCarley
06-16-2007, 9:06 AM
I keep getting the following error message during shutdown. Does anyone know could be causing it?

ccSveHst.exe.-Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000001e) occured in the application at location 0x0319fcd0

Click on OK to terminate the program

The numbers in parenthesis is not always the same. It is usually different with each shutdown.

Bobby

Chuck Wintle
06-16-2007, 9:18 AM
Do you have a firewall/Antivirus installed such as Norton? This may cause the problem you describe.

Paul Stroik
06-16-2007, 9:37 AM
Bobby, Do a search of your machine for this. The path should tell you what program it is related to.
You should run an up to date virus check on this. I am not familiar with this .exe file but it does not look good so it may not belong on your machine.

I have Norton AV and ZoneAlarm installed on WINXP and a search result was negative so it can't be one of these.

Paul

Robert Mickley
06-17-2007, 8:54 PM
You are sure it isn't scvhost.exe, which is a trojan/worm virus.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/scvhost/

I don't miss windows

Jim Becker
06-17-2007, 9:12 PM
svchost.exe is valid..."scvhost.exe" is not. Notice the spelling...and don't delete the wrong one if you're hunting for trojans...

ccSveHst.exe is yet another thing...a Google.com search does bring up two hits, but I couldn't find the reference once on them.

Dick Rowe
06-18-2007, 4:33 AM
ccSvcHost.exe is part of the Norton Internet Security package (Symantec).

Matt Meiser
06-18-2007, 7:31 AM
To add to the above, it is is a valid Norton executable, its not at all uncommon to have the problem you describe on shutdown. Norton doesn't seem to think they should shut down when you tell them. I had this problem on multiple computers a couple years ago before I dropped Norton and again on my new work laptop, where Norton is required.