PDA

View Full Version : In Case I Was Missed ..

Jack Dickey
06-15-2007, 10:03 PM
May 4th , wifeys birthday , our 100 year old heart pine and cedar family home went up in flames ..

4000 SF under a steel roof over tin over asphalt and shingles makes a great oven ..

All's well , insurance put us in a fully furnished mobile home on the property till the house is rebuilt ..

Lets not talk about the firearms lost ...

Jason Roehl
06-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that, Jack. I presume by the lack of say-so that nobody was hurt, and that is what is most important. I just hope you can find a way to look forward from here in your time of rebuilding. Godspeed.

Charles McKinley
06-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Jack,

Please let us know if you need anything. I can't imagine losing everything.

You and your family will be in our prayers. I hope everyone is alright.

Jim O'Dell
06-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Ditto what Jack said. Man that's tough to lose it all like that. But you have your lives, and that's the most precious thing of all! Jim.

Jim Becker
06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey, Jack...what's most important is that you and the LOYL are both fine. House can be rebuilt. You can even re-assemble your collections over time. (although I can appreciate the loss of things special to you)

And thanks for letting us all know! The SMC community does care about its members...ask if you need help with something.

Jack Dickey
06-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Appreciate the prayers Chuck , we serve an awesome God ..

He has provided beyond my wildest imagination , things aint important anymore , I have a whole new perspective on everything , and anyone who knows me is shocked at the " New Jack " ..

All was lost , lotsa handmade furniture and old antiquey stuff as well , and a small to moderate fortune in firearms .. Not to mention a lifetime collection of firearms and wood werking reference material that cannot be replaced ..

We have been positive thru the whole ordeal ..

Got Wifey and PupNDawg , the two most important people in my life ..

John Schreiber
06-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm glad you are ok and still have a positive attitude. A positive attitude is worth everything else put together.

If you're ready for humor . . . the rest of are wondering if it was the candles on your wife's birthday cake which caused the fire?

Ken Fitzgerald
06-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Jack.......My sincere sympathies! My family lost a home to a fire when I was a child. My parents never did recover economically. Glad to hear the insurance company is treating you well. Most glad to hear you, your wife and the pet are all okay!

Jack Dickey
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Schreiber , humor , HHHMMM , I'm full of it ...

Dang that story travels fast , first thing a close friend said was that very thing , said I shouldnt have lit ALL THE CANDLES ...

Actually we were in the barn/shop working on a project ..

No birthday cake to blame on this one ...

Jack Dickey
06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Ken ,

RiverDawg was sitting here reading this stuff with me , and he is highly incensed at being referred to as "the pet" ..

He says to let you know that HE is in charge of all operations at this facility , and it is merely out out the goodness of his heart , that we are allowed to remain on the premises ..

Ken Fitzgerald
06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Jack...Please give RiverDawg my sincere apologies and tell him my adled old brain is the reason I made that mistake! I won't make it again.:D

John Shuk
06-16-2007, 9:19 PM
Jack Sorry to hear about your trials.
I hope things get easier for you.

Dennis Peacock
06-16-2007, 9:52 PM
Dang Jack!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very sorry to hear your bad news. :(

Like Charles said...let us know if we can help along the way. You and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers bud.

Jack Dickey
06-16-2007, 9:57 PM
Thanks Dennis , actually all is going very smoothly , hopefully by your next trip down we'll be in the new place and you'll have to come get a look see , only wish you coulda seen the other one , everyone here ( without boasting ) woulda been impressed by it , loving wood and the things that can be done with it ..

A lot of it wasnt my talents I might add ..