PDA

View Full Version : New Compressor ?

Jim Harsha
03-01-2003, 5:20 PM
Just picked up a new vertical style compressor and wonder if anyone has a solution to draining water from the tank. The idea of crawling around on hands & knees on the shop floor is not terribly convenient. Any suggestions? Thanks

Paul Kunkel
03-01-2003, 5:45 PM
:) Go down to your local hardware or plumbing supply and pick up a 1/4" galvanized elbow, 1/4x6" nipple and a 1/4" ball valve. Replace origional junk drain -use teflon tape on all threads- Voila!!:cool:

steve banks
03-01-2003, 5:47 PM
If there is room between tank and floor, Take out petcock ( assuming that is the device for draining tank) and install a close nipple, elbow, and then another nipple long enough to clear tank. Reinstall petcock probably having to use a coupling. You can buy fancy automatic type drain valves.

John Miliunas
03-01-2003, 6:01 PM
Personally, I like Paul's and Steve's ideas the best, but if you're into "automation" and "fancy" valves, as Steve suggests, here's a sample:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42221

BTW, exactly HOW strong are you? Whew...I've seen those big vertical type units and I don't believe I'd be able to pick one of those puppies up! :D :cool: