PDA

View Full Version : SAFARI anyone

Bruce Volden
06-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Has anybody on the forum downloaded and played with Apple's new browser yet?? If so what are your thoughts? I'm about 2 weeks out from getting DSL at my new place, have to use the work PC. Thanks!!

Bruce

Chuck Wintle
06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I tried Safari and still prefer to use Firefox. :)

Mike Cutler
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Bruce.

I've been using Safari for a few years now. It's a nice browser, but...... Apple doesn't keep up to date with it, especially on the security encryption front.
None of my online financial accounts can be accessed via the Safari browser, and there are some webpage formats that are not fully functional with Safari. I use Firefox for the online financial stuff. More and more I use Firefox on a routine basis with my Mac's, and rarely use Safari any longer.
I saw that Apple was releasing Safari for the PC, but I honestly think that Internet Explorer is better than Safari. Unfortunately Internet Explorer stopped being supported for the Apple some time ago.

Lee DeRaud
06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
You might want to read this:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2145651,00.asp
Although it's mainly talking about the Windows version of Safari, there are some ominous things said about the Mac version as well.

Bruce Volden
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
THANKS GUYS! Living out here in the sticks make one (sometimes) want to jump in on "bigger better" things. Appreciate the pointers.

Bruce