PDA

View Full Version : So I signed the AC agreement

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-14-2007, 7:53 PM
And the guys came and spent a week and did the upstairs. Nice job.

Then they left. A week passed I was patient. Then when Monday next rolled around and they didn't, I called 'em. They scheduled 4 more weeks before they were going to come back and finish the job, and made sure it was some secretary (helpless negotiator) who delivered the message.

OK I was nice to the girl. I asked nicely if they could make that sooner.

Meanwhile there was all this stuff of theirs filling up my garage and cellar. It wasn't mine, I hadn't purchased it yet, and since it wasn't installed it was of no use to me.

Soooo I drafted up an invoice for rent for five weeks for the space their equipment was consuming. I wanted $10,000.00 and sent it to the parent company ownership in Texas.
I accompanied the invoice with a demand letter insisting payment in 10 days or with no further notice I'd serve 'em a summons and complaint in superior court in NJ. I meant it too. I sent the invoice and letter overnight.

I got a frantic call the next day. They had a change in scheduling and wanted to come back on the 11th (that coming Monday). I said OK and that was that.
They are finishing up tomorrow.

Man that really ticked me off the be strung out like that.

Jim Becker
06-14-2007, 8:48 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky and they will pay your bill, too... :D

Robert E Lee
06-14-2007, 8:51 PM
Cliff, good thinking, more of us should do the same.
Bob

John Schreiber
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Maybe you could have sold the stuff they left on your property. After all, it appeared to be abandoned.

Bruce Page
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Saaweeet! They messed with the wrong guy!

Mark Rios
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Way To Go, Cliff!!!

Jeffrey Makiel
06-15-2007, 8:12 AM
This is the primary reason why I try to do stuff myself. Even if I have to do it twice to get it right, I'm still ahead when accounting for the aggravation. The only problem is that I'm getting old and less enthusiastic. More often now, things don't get readily done.

oh well...Jeff :)

Jason Boushard
06-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I do kitchen and bathroom cabinets and I get tons of work cuse if its supposed to be in on x day its in on that day no matter what with no rework. Maybe I should look into doing flooring as well lol.