PDA

View Full Version : stanley no.110

gregory sprouls
06-14-2007, 4:03 PM
Hey guys i'm wondering what is a fair price for a nice stanley no.110 and how can you tell the age? Mine has the post under the wheel, with stanley on the front with made in the usa on the rear. thanks,greg

Ryan Cathey
06-14-2007, 8:54 PM
Fair price=ten bucks. It's not one of the top of the line models but if it's an heirloom then I'd be glad to have one. As for age, I can't really help you except by maybe basing it off the logo on the blade. What does it say?

Richard Niemiec
06-15-2007, 8:25 AM
From my experience, its difficult to date many of the block planes out there, especially a 110, other than looking at the mark on the iron, if it is original, e.g., a "sweetheart" mark would put it generally in the '30s, a "Stanley Tool and Level" mark somewhat earlier. But irons have a way of getting lost, replaced, etc. in such planes. The made in usa mark in my view would date it no earlier than immediately pre-WWII, and more likely in the 50s or 60s. These are pretty common, unless in pristine condition $10 is about all I would pay. RN

gregory sprouls
06-15-2007, 3:04 PM
thanks for the info guys, I over paid 10.00 bucks but it was in such nice shape I counldn't help myself. After checking it out online I think it was made around the 60's.