PDA

View Full Version : No Photgrav needed

Judith Halliday
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi All,

I've been lurking and perfecting my technique. Just wanted to share what I did with Corel Paint.

Yeah:D

Judy

Well I tried inserting a pic. Can someone guide me on how to reduce the picture size so it loads on the forum?

Well, i'm trying to attach a corel file and it's not letting me either. Go figure. I shall persist!

Ed Lang
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I will be waiting to see, read and learn your process!

I use Corel Photo Paint to "Resize" my pictures to the size I want them to display in and then go to "File" and "Web Image Optimizer" I reduct the byte size dow to about 50%.

good luck

Judith Halliday
06-14-2007, 4:24 PM
Okay, so I opened up the web image optimzer and then I'm stuck.

If you would be so kind and let me know the last final step, I might be able to post this picture and others.

thanks,

Judy Halliday

Ed Lang
06-14-2007, 7:23 PM
With the optimizer open, Look at the bottom right and you will see two drop down boxes. The one on the right has "last used" as the default. Open it and select a med quality jpeg. You will see the results in the preview window which is the right panel above where you just selected the med quality jpeg.

You will also be able to see the file size as well. If you input the modem speed in the top center of the window, you will get an estimate of the up/down load speed of that file.... if you want to.

This will get you started. YOu can play with the compression value and see the changes in the preview window. Remember that the smaller you compress the file, the worse the image quality will be. You only need 72 dots per inch to use with a monitor. The rest get thrown away. Printing is a different story.

I hope this helps as I will be away until Monday AM now.

I'll check in then.

Happy posting!

ed

Judith Halliday
06-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Hope this comes through this time.

I'm still learning the nuances of computers and engravers.

Many thanks for all your patience.

Judy