PDA

View Full Version : Flag Day

Karl Laustrup
06-14-2007, 8:38 AM
June 14th, 2007

Today is "Flag Day".

If you've got one fly it high and proud. :)

Karl

Leigh Costello
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Will do, Karl!

Kyle Kraft
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I put her up this morning before I left for work.

Phyllis Meyer
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Who can remember as a child standing with your hand on your heart saying the Pledge of Allegiance at school?

Every day we did that...fly your flag proudly!

PLEASE REMEMBER OUR VETERANS AND OUR SOLDIERS!

Phyllis

Dave Sinkus
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Karl,
I'm happy to say it IS on my calendar at work.

You up in the Dells? I'll have to stop by and say hi when we go to Great Wolf Lodge this summer.

Thanks,
Dave

Leigh Costello
06-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Phyllis,
I ran the high school concession stand for two years. When the national anthem played, I was adament about saluting the flag or standing quietly during the anthem. I would also halt all sales so everyone could salute or stand. I had always wondered if people thought I was a bit rude, but never really heard anything. Last night I met with my replacement, and she said, "So, I think I will continue your respect for the flag this year."

I almost cried, being a veteran and the daughter of a veteran and the aunt of a sailor and the sister of some who have served. I salute all of my fellow veterans this Flag Day and every day. May the active duty men and women be as humbled as I still am when they leave the service.

Karl Laustrup
06-14-2007, 1:17 PM
Karl,
I'm happy to say it IS on my calendar at work.

You up in the Dells? I'll have to stop by and say hi when we go to Great Wolf Lodge this summer.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm only a couple of exits from Great Wolf. Let me know when you're heading up this way. I usually have some cold ones handy. :D

Karl

Dave Sinkus
06-14-2007, 1:44 PM
That is the kind of support the troops need, veterans supporting active duty and other veterans.

I stand and put my hand over my heart for the National Anthem all the time. My kids notice it and also talk about how they do the pledge of allegiance. I appreciate other people who take the time to show their support.

Thanks Leigh

Dan McGuire
06-14-2007, 2:39 PM
Everyday is Flag Day at my house, the only time I don't fly the flag is if the current becomes tatered and I didn't make it to the store to purchase a new one.

As to the National Anthem, I too take that very seriously as well. In fact, even when it is on T.V. before a game or something, I make the kids be quite and pay attention as it is played (I stop short of making them all stand since the colors are not visible:) )