PDA

View Full Version : default page

James Rambo
06-13-2007, 11:09 PM
After my hard drive failed and no data recovery possible,(remember get a backup system and use it regularly) I have a new hard drive and all programs have reinstalled. Now, I am trying to set up coreldraw. I have gotten the default page to the size of my laser bed size of 32" wide 20" tall. What I can't figure out is how to make that page and it's settings be the default that opens when I start coreldraw11. I have it labeled as LASER PAGE. Each time I open Corel it opens a letter size page in portrait setup. HOW DO I CHANGE THIS, PLEASE HELP. THANKS.

Dean Carpenter
06-14-2007, 1:53 AM
James, whih version of CDR are you using?

Dean

Mike Null
06-14-2007, 7:22 AM
In Corel open a blank page, go to, tools, options, document, page, size; set your dimensions and name the page. Then click on document and save the settings as default.

This will not change previous files but will default to this setting for all new files.

Brian Robison
06-14-2007, 8:03 AM
http://www.engravingconcepts.com/swf_files/CorelDefaults.html

James Rambo
06-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the information folks. I did these steps and they did what I needed. BUT, is there a way to make the page that I just made, open when I open coreldraw11 as the default. Right now I get a letter size page in portrait and I need 32" x20" landscape. I did reboot after resizeing and set as default but it still does not open as the first page. Sorry for all the questions but it used to be as I am asking but I don't remember how I made it happen before. The hard drive crashing really put me about 3 years in the past.

Brian Robison
06-14-2007, 1:26 PM
Are you opening a blank page directly from Corel?
Open new page, change page size and save as default.
I finally got mine figured out so that the 0,0 is in the upper left where I need it.:)

Mike Null
06-14-2007, 3:27 PM
Why would you reboot the machine?

1. new page
2. tools to page size (following steps previously described)
3. document, save as default

It doesn't matter if you have version 8 or X3, the steps are the same.

James Rambo
06-14-2007, 9:25 PM
I did not reboot the machine but the computer. I have finally found the step that I was missing. After changing the page dimensions unclick the "resize current page only" box. Now "save options as default for new documents". THANK YOU to all that has help me with this minor problem, of the many I now have.