PDA

View Full Version : Powercrafter

Mark Mandell
01-10-2004, 7:25 PM
Saw one of these 400k rpm carver/engravers at the NJ wood show today. Even tried it out.

I'd be very interested to hear from any here with actual experience with this tool. Seems like it would be HS for texturing & carving turnings as well as for signing pieces. My 40+ year old Foredom has been in need of replacement for about 20 years.

Thanks

Mark Mandell

Charles McKinley
01-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi Mark,

I have a review of this type of carver. They reviewed 4 or 5 in different price ranges. I'll see if I can find it. I also saw one in the new Grizzly catalog. I don't have one yet though it is on the list.

Frank Guerin
01-11-2004, 9:20 AM
I use a Turbo carver for various carving's but have used the Power Crafter and other's. They take some getting use to. There is a learning curve to do anything such as gun stocks, knives, etc and not much out there as far as publication's for instructions. Yell back if you want to.

Mark Mandell
01-11-2004, 7:27 PM
Hi Mark,

I have a review of this type of carver. They reviewed 4 or 5 in different price ranges. I'll see if I can find it. I also saw one in the new Grizzly catalog. I don't have one yet though it is on the list.

Hi, Chuck,

Seems that Wood Mag. did a review of 4 in February of '98 (No. 103), but I'm unable to find a copy. What I did find out was that the wood show "special $50 off price (Fo'war a leemited tahm only) " was a scam because their show price was the same as Craft Supplies and others sell the thingy for every day. Glad I was able to resist the impulse buy. Now I think I'll run down the others.

Mark