PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day!

Phyllis Meyer
06-13-2007, 1:08 PM
1. What would you like for Father's Day?
2. What was the greatest Father's Day gift you received?

A happy day to all of you!

Phyllis:)

Nancy Laird
06-13-2007, 1:15 PM
And while we are on the subject, I need a really sticky-sweet, syrupy poem or saying to do on a plaque for my dad. Anyone have one????

TIA,
Nancy

Belinda Barfield
06-13-2007, 1:30 PM
If you'll always be his little girl

A Little Girl Needs Daddy
By Oliver Matla (http://www.midiworld.com/c/om.htm)
Copyright by
Nicholas Gordon

A little girl needs Daddy
For many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.
Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart. Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there.

OR

Life Lessons

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The (woman)(man) I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
By Joanna Fuchs

Nancy Laird
06-13-2007, 1:32 PM
Thank you, Belinda. Now to decide which one!!! You present me with such dilemmas.

Nancy

Belinda Barfield
06-13-2007, 1:42 PM
You're welcome. If you don't like either one of those I can dig for some more. Those two just happened to be handy.

Phyllis Meyer
06-13-2007, 2:09 PM
Belinda,

Great poems, I'm crying right now because I am going email these to the girls, they will cry, and want me to laser them both on something for their Dad. He's both of those poems! Thank you!

Have a great day to you and Nancy...come on guys, what kind of gifts have you gotten or would like to get?

Jeffrey Fusaro
06-13-2007, 2:25 PM
1. What would you like for Father's Day?
2. What was the greatest Father's Day gift you received?

A happy day to all of you!

1. LOML says that she wants to buy me a bandsaw for a combined birthday (today)/father's day gift. :)

2. we were in the jiangxi province in china for father's day of 2006. one of the nannies from the orphanage handed our newly adopted daughter, christina, to me on sunday evening, june 18th. she was eight months old at the time. this photo was taken in our hotel room that night.

our first daughter, amanda, was 4 years old at the time. she was also adopted in china back in october 2003.

after i get the bandsaw, i'll let you know if this is still my final answer... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-13-2007, 3:05 PM
Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day early Jeffrey!

As a father who adopted two children.........and then had one by birth......sweat and tears are thicker than blood! Congrats Dad!

Phyllis Meyer
06-13-2007, 3:52 PM
Jeffrey & Ken,

Awesome! Beautiful family picture Jeffrey! You guys have already received the best gifts! The saw will be special also:)!

My nephew and neice will be leaving from Taylorsville Ky on June 21 for the Ukraine to adopt twin boys. They are so very excited as we all are for them. You Dad's that adopt are top-notch in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Jim Becker
06-13-2007, 5:18 PM
Well, this is only my second Father's Day, so I'll let come what may--I never ask for specific things, anyway. I may take the girls to see the kitty they support at Tabby's Place (http://www.tabbysplace.org/) in Ringo's NJ just for something different...kinda a gift from me to them for Father's Day. They recently sponsored a cat named Anastasia (Disney pronunciation - Ana-STAY-zha, which coincidentally is my older daughter Nastia's legal name. (Anastasiya - Russian pronunciation Ah-na-sta-SEE-ya) The money we send in their name provides for the care and feeding of the animal who has medical needs that make it unavailable to live with a human family.

And Jeffery, congrats to you! We seem to share a similar family building choice!

Joe Pelonio
06-13-2007, 6:07 PM
This will be my 27th Father's day, after that long when they ask what I want it's really hard to think of something. Especially with 3 asking.

My Dad and Father in law are gone, now, but I do still have a stepfather.
Unfortunately he and my Mom are now in California on vacation. This weekend we'll be going up to their place in Port Angeles to check on the place, water the garden and things for them, and hopefully drive up to the rainforest for a few hours sightseeing and hike, and still get back at a decent time Sunday for the kids to come over.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there.

Jeffrey Fusaro
06-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day early Jeffrey!

As a father who adopted two children.........and then had one by birth......sweat and tears are thicker than blood! Congrats Dad!

thanks, ken! happy father's day to you, as well.

Jeffrey & Ken,

Awesome! Beautiful family picture Jeffrey! You guys have already received the best gifts! The saw will be special also:)!

My nephew and neice will be leaving from Taylorsville Ky on June 21 for the Ukraine to adopt twin boys. They are so very excited as we all are for them. You Dad's that adopt are top-notch in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

thanks, phyllis! much luck to your nephew and niece. hopefully, they have family, or a close group of friends to help them out when they get back home. getting back to a normal life after that journey takes a lot of energy.

And Jeffery, congrats to you! We seem to share a similar family building choice!

happy father's day, jim! i had noticed that you were an adoptive parent also. isn't it amazing how quickly they become your own - no matter where they come from?

Keith Outten
06-14-2007, 6:16 AM
Phyllis,

Time is the greatest gift of all.

Glenn Clabo
06-14-2007, 6:39 AM
1. Good health.
2. The Father's Day call from my son on an Air Force base on the other side of the world ...who thanked me for being his Father.

Mike Wilkins
06-14-2007, 10:58 AM
1. I want a Felder slider for father's day.
2. Greatest gift is just having the love of 2 beautiful daughters and a wife who loves me, despite the fact that I am a gooney bird.