PDA

View Full Version : I finally finished my work shop exterior.

Bill Wyko
06-12-2007, 2:08 PM
Well, I finally finished the exterior of my work shop this weekend. I do still need to do something decorative around the bottom, but that can be done after things are operational. I also got my lathe moved in (one piece at a time) and got to do a little turning on the "big one". I also got an Incra express with the miter 1000. I'm going to try this for cutting segments. I think the angle accuracy may make for better segment rings. I'm running on an extension cord from the house for now but the electrician is supposed to be on it today. Sorry I don't have pics today but I left the memory cards at work. I'll have pics tomorrow.

Paul Engle
06-12-2007, 2:59 PM
He forgot his memory card ......:eek: I aint heard that since my youngest graduated .....:D , boy do you owe us some pic's .....;)

Robert McGowen
06-12-2007, 3:38 PM
He could have said that "they were being developed", but that would have really dated him, plus he STILL wouldn't have any pictures! :D

Bill Wyko
06-12-2007, 3:58 PM
:D :D I promise pics tomorrow or you're money back.:eek: I was a little rusty when i kicked the lathe on. The first thing I did was catch my new pro PM on the Big One. I bought 2 Crown Pro PM's at the sale the other day. (no Pics either til tomorrow:p ) But I was able to get back into the swing of things right away. Now I just need some bench space for segmenting and I'm able to work at a limited capacity.

TYLER WOOD
06-12-2007, 4:16 PM
WOOOHOO, the 10k piece is back in action (sorry Bill I just had to do that, you know I love ya man!!!) Congrats on the shop being atleast workable. Can't wait to see pics of the shop with all the tools set up and running!

Bill Wyko
06-12-2007, 5:04 PM
Actually the 10k is what I'm into all this for tools, workshop and time. Haven't made a dime yet.:confused: I guess it's a good thing I don't do this for a living.:D I will say, even if I never make a dime, it's worth every penny. Especially if all I get is friend like you guys. I'm bound to sell a piece or two someday.:rolleyes: Plus it beats the heck out of sitting in front of the boob tube. Last night the LOML insisted I watch a movie with her. Now that I can do some limited work, all I could think about was doing some turning. Seems like every time I'm able to get my turning fix she has something else in mind. Oh well, at least it was a good movie.:D

Robert McGowen
06-12-2007, 5:31 PM
I tried to combine a movie and turning at the same time once. Remember the movie "Ghost" where Demi and Patrick were doing the pottery wheel bit together? I mentioned the lathe to the wife and how I would show her the proper way to turn. I can't remember for sure what she said :D, but it at least seemed like a good idea to me when I thought of it.............;)

Bill Wyko
06-13-2007, 1:19 PM
He could have said that "they were being developed", but that would have really dated him, plus he STILL wouldn't have any pictures! :D
Here ya go Robert. I got them developed today:D The vessel, the Pro PM tools, the incra segment slicer1000.;) and the long awaited shop. Took a while to get them developed (not the pics, the stuff in the pics:D )

Don Orr
06-13-2007, 1:30 PM
The shop is coming along very nicley Bill. You sure are making quick progress. Can't wait to see that vessel finished! I love my Pro-PM tools. Bet you will too.

Bill Wyko
06-13-2007, 3:28 PM
Thanks Don. I've only used them for a little while but I'm very impressed so far. Here's one more pic of the inside of the big vessel. That Monterillo is like turning rocks. Looks beautiful though. Right now I'm at 472 pieces and thats before the beauty ring which in itself has around 500 pieces.