PDA

View Full Version : Another good CS story

Jim Grill
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
After reading a previous post about good customer service I thought I'd share a recent experience with Jet (WMH).

I had some problems with my quick release and spring tension assembly on my Jet BS. I thought the spring was over compressed or the tension rod was stripped out. I could not seem to get enough tension on the band without cranking really hard on the tensioning knob and the spring was way beyond the mark for the width of blade I was using. I tried several bands to make sure the one I was trying to install was the right size. I later noticed that two locking collars on the tensioning rod were no longer locked in place and were allowing the rod to thread through them rendering the entire mechanism useless.

I called the WMH support number in my owner's manual and explained the problem. I was hoping they had some published instructions for properly adjusting the lock collars or something. I just wanted a little help figuring it all out.

I was put on hold so the gentlemen could go ask some of the other techs. He came back several times to let me know they were working on a solution. He was very friendly. After about 10 minutes in total he said the best solution for all involved was to send me a brand new tensioning assembly. I got it the next day!

When I called I was on hold for maybe 5 minutes. I explained my problem to the tech in about 5 minutes - he understood exactly what I was explaining to him. He put me on hold for ten minutes and it took maybe 5 minutes to give my address and serial number. All in total I spent less than a half hour and my problem was solved in the best imaginable way.

Thank you, WMH. This is exactly why I bought a brand new tool.