PDA

View Full Version : vac hose for power tools

Jim Heffner
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
If anyone is interested in finding a shop vac hose for power tools this may be the one. I needed a lightweight vac hose to hook to my power tools,
after some research I finally found one that works. It is a Bosch VAC 001
15' hose that plugs directly into a standard shop vac inlet port, and also
hooks to the following power tools with no additional adapter needed:
(1) Dewalt 616 plunge router base
(2) Dewalt biscuit jointer ( kit has adapters in it)
(3) B & D 1/3 sheet finish sander
(4) Porter- Cable random orbit sander

I tried it on the P-C 3"x21" belt sander, it was a no go...I did make an
adapter to fit to the sander outlet port now it will work as well. Hope this info. helps anyone who is looking for a solution to the problem as I was.
Don't know about other brands of power tools as I don't have any of them to try the hose on to see if they will work.
Jim Heffner

Tommy Emmons
06-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Where did you find the hose? Did you have to order it online?

Al Killian
06-12-2007, 1:12 PM
Ok, Now that you have informed us of the good hose we need a link and maybe a price.

Noah Katz
06-12-2007, 6:58 PM
http://www.amazon.com/BOSCH-Standard-Friction-Fit-Vacuum-VAC001/dp/B000AXD8L0/ref=sr_1_3/102-5975765-8814566?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1181689091&sr=8-3

But note that it's only 3/4", that's going to severely restrict airflow

Bruce Page
06-12-2007, 7:40 PM
But note that it's only 3/4", that's going to severely restrict airflow
I use a similarly sized hose with a 1” ID between my Fein T3 and my PC & Delta tools, (sanders, biscuit jointer, spindle sander). It works like a charm.

Dave Hale
06-12-2007, 9:05 PM
You have to hook it up to a shop-vac, though. It won't pull enough air on your big, bad DC. Something about static pressure vs volume, I believe. I got the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Dust everywhere. On the sander, in the hose (both ends). Either have to get the SVac out of the basement or make a coupler to fit 2.5" hose. :o

Ed Garrett
06-12-2007, 9:16 PM
Jim,

Nice solution I may refer to down the road. Here's another alternative I've used: For about $5 (several years back) I bought an aftermarket washing machine hose from HD (or Lowe's???) It had a soft rubber adapter on one end (fit the 1.25" vac hose perfectly) and the other end fit the dust exhaust of my 5" PC ROS perfectly. I had similar luck with my Bosch belt sander. The hose could hardly be lighter. When in use, I suspend it from the ceiling with bungie cords so there is a minimum of torque on the sander. As for the vac, I set up a cheap one up outside the shop with no filter. Thus no stress on the motor and the fine dust just floats away in the breeze.

Jim Heffner
06-13-2007, 9:38 AM
Update, thanks to all who have responded to the post. I found the Bosch VAC001 hose at Klingspor Woodworking shop about $25.00 if I remember correctly. I have tried it on several of my power tools and fits great.
(1) Dewalt 616 plunge base router
(2) Porter-Cable ROS
(3) B&D 1/3 sheet finish sander
(4) Dewalt biscuit jointer (also used adapters that were in this kit to hook
vac hose)

(5) the P-C belt sander was a no go here, made an adapter to fit on
sander outlet and hook up to hose, now it will work also.

Haven't tried other brands of tools ( don't have them) but most tools that have a 1" round outlet port will probably work. Hope this tidbit of info
helps anyone else that is trying to control dust as I am.

Jim Heffner
06-13-2007, 9:42 AM
Jim,

Nice solution I may refer to down the road. Here's another alternative I've used: For about $5 (several years back) I bought an aftermarket washing machine hose from HD (or Lowe's???) It had a soft rubber adapter on one end (fit the 1.25" vac hose perfectly) and the other end fit the dust exhaust of my 5" PC ROS perfectly. I had similar luck with my Bosch belt sander. The hose could hardly be lighter. When in use, I suspend it from the ceiling with bungie cords so there is a minimum of torque on the sander. As for the vac, I set up a cheap one up outside the shop with no filter. Thus no stress on the motor and the fine dust just floats away in the breeze.
Good ideas about the washing machine hose Ed. I have one that is in the shop but would not work on my tools too well. I wanted it to work,
but had to try something else. Jim Heffner

James Carmichael
06-13-2007, 1:00 PM
I found 1" ID white spa hose from HD makes a great coupling for a number of tools. Gives a nice friction fit over the dust port on my PC plunge router and Makita ROS. It's pretty thick stuff and not real flexible, so I use only a short piece as a coupling to a 1 1/4" shop vac hose.

Jim Heffner
06-13-2007, 4:27 PM
I found 1" ID white spa hose from HD makes a great coupling for a number of tools. Gives a nice friction fit over the dust port on my PC plunge router and Makita ROS. It's pretty thick stuff and not real flexible, so I use only a short piece as a coupling to a 1 1/4" shop vac hose.
James, that sounds like a good idea too, actually I thought about it the other day but could not remember where I had seen that hose....
oh well, maybe next time around if I need some more....